What are the best cases for in pocket carry?

Arodnum1

Reaction score
What chain stores carry the incipio brand? Wouldn't mind checking them out buy have never seen them any where.

Thanks!

Rezounded, Rooted, and surely not Regretted!!

As I said before I think I saw them at radioshack, I know they at least have otterbox

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

cp24eva

Reaction score
I don't know many stores that carry many rezound cases to begin with. I bought mine online. I trusted then because I had an incipio brand case with my bionic. Was nice because it's dual layer protection. Inner later silicon outer layer acrylic. Nice feel to it.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk

macpro88

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hmm, never had sound issues with the commuter case on when recording video, I'll test it out later and pay more attention and see if there is a difference. And yes, I agree, the silicone part of the case does seem to collect some lint, but never a lot for me, but a bit annoying at times.

Over all I like the case, pretty solid.

mazerrackhams

Reaction score
What's a good case for an extended battery? I can't seem to find much at all online.

OP
chevihemi

chevihemi

Reaction score
Just wanted to update this thread and let everyone know I picked up an Incipio from Amazon and it fits very nicely and actually makes the buttons a little bit easier to work. It also added very little to the size of the phone and slips in and out of my pocket without grabbing anything.

Thanks for all the insight!

STINGER

Reaction score
does the incipio case offer any protection to the glass .............. mine already has one severe scratch and a couple minor scratches ............ all from in pocket style carry ............. I picked up a 2 piece belt clip style case today but hate it

OP
chevihemi

chevihemi

Reaction score
For screen protection it comes with a dry application screen protector and the silicone sits up above the screen by about 3/32" so if you lay it flat on a hard surface the screen doesn't touch the surface. I think its pretty good protection w/o being in a bubble...LOL

jeffe65

Reaction score
For in-pocket carry, I got a QMadix case; it's a hard shell with a holster (which I don't use). It covers the outside along the edges, corners, and just enough forward to keep the screen off a flat surface. You'd have to buy a screen protector separately. It feels like the same material as the phone back, and makes it only slightly thicker.

I did get an Otterbox Defender - It's very robust, but like others have said, it's a dust/lint/dog hair magnet. I'm keeping it for when I expect to go out where it's more likely to get knocked around. What I don't like about the defender is that the built-in screen protector does take away a bit of the screen's responsiveness, especially when using pinch-to-zoom. It also dims the monitor a bit, which I don't like at all. I got the phone partially for it's clear, bright screen, and like to keep it that way. Others have said they don't notice a change; to me it's a big difference, especially after using it for a couple of days and then taking it off again.

STINGER

Reaction score
I had the Otterbox Defender .............. Humungous ........... lint magnet ............ took it back ............ Bought Qmadix can't kickstand it screen out for nightstand clocking so I returned it today ........ got some other case similar to Qmadix with kickstand on the actual part that clips into the holster but my gripe with these styles is the lack of screen protection if pocketed vs. holstered ............. this one will be going back tomorrow .............. not happy with it either ............. they do however make this same case for extended battery fit .............. my other gripe with the Otter Defender was it dramatically changed the quality of the photos because the extra space the lens had to shoot thru I guess ........................ :frown:

kimintenn

Reaction score
Just wanted to update this thread and let everyone know I picked up an Incipio from Amazon and it fits very nicely and actually makes the buttons a little bit easier to work. It also added very little to the size of the phone and slips in and out of my pocket without grabbing anything.

Thanks for all the insight!
So, are you able to adjust the volume easily with the case on? I dont have much trouble with my power button, but I"m constantly having trouble adjusting the volume.

OP
chevihemi

chevihemi

Reaction score
So, are you able to adjust the volume easily with the case on? I dont have much trouble with my power button, but I"m constantly having trouble adjusting the volume.

Volume buttons function very well for me, possibly better than with out.

Rooted, ROM'd, and Rezounded

kimintenn

Reaction score
Volume buttons function very well for me, possibly better than with out.

That's good to hear!

I had this case with my nexus and really liked it:
Diztronic Matte Back Black Flexible TPU Cover & Screen Protector for HTC Rezound (Verizon) [TPU-Cases Retail Packaging] by TPU-Cases Permalink: http://amzn.com/B005WZMQ14
I'm tempted to try one out for the Rezound. It doesn't add any bulk at all really... very thin, but still feels like it adds protection.

OP
chevihemi

chevihemi

Reaction score
I looked at the diztronic ones and didn't like how the volume buttons are recessed.