anyone using the new kraken/trident case/what are your thoughts?

Janet1025

Reaction score
Hello! How is evryone liking their Trident cases? When is the belt clip coming out?
I love my case. Actually put my Defender away. I prefer the fit of this case and the way the buttons are. They are be responsive, especially the front four buttons.

I have it now for one full week, at first it felt so big but now it feels comfortable...I did notice two very small scratches after a few days but emailed Trident and they offered to replace the case or send a new screen protector. Perhaps I used something too abrasive to clean the screen but you can't even notice them unless you are looking for them on a white clear screen.... Also the screen felt not so flushed and felt resistance the first three days slightly annoying now its perfect with the screen, now it feels smooth..

The feel of the buttons is awesome..
I absolutely LOVE this case!

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Fate0n3

Reaction score
After reading quite a bit about this case, I def am going to be selling my Defender to get one. My one reason of wanting this case is something Otterbox should have done, and that was the Dust protection for the phone. I think Otterbox has become a bunch of apple boys and do not put much into other cases anymore, such as shame. I def think the defender could have been made a lot better with the way it snaps together. Oh well... Anyone have issues with the this case snapping together?? Any issues with taking pics?? Where did everyone order through??

Janet1025

Reaction score
After reading quite a bit about this case, I def am going to be selling my Defender to get one. My one reason of wanting this case is something Otterbox should have done, and that was the Dust protection for the phone. I think Otterbox has become a bunch of apple boys and do not put much into other cases anymore, such as shame. I def think the defender could have been made a lot better with the way it snaps together. Oh well... Anyone have issues with the this case snapping together?? Any issues with taking pics?? Where did everyone order through??

My case snaps perfectly though I dont take it off ever, my pics seem unaffected, I didn't bother to put the lens cover on though.

I ordered mine through Trident themselves I wanted to get it from them in case I had any issues, their customer service is very responsive. In one of these recent Kraken posts someone posted a coupon code so instead of 35 I paid 27.96 and free shipping ...

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Fate0n3

Reaction score
Thanks for the quick response. The defender did not snap tightly even from the first day of getting it. There is 3 Droid X's in my household and all of them are using the defender and NOT one of us really like it. How hard do you find the buttons to hit?? Also is the screen protector built into the actual case?? Thank you for the pic to show quality. Prolly going to order 2 of these cases today. My major problem is I am always messing with my phone so I have to take the case on and off quite a bit. lol
THANK YOU AGAIN!!

Janet1025

Reaction score
Thanks for the quick response. The defender did not snap tightly even from the first day of getting it. There is 3 Droid X's in my household and all of them are using the defender and NOT one of us really like it. How hard do you find the buttons to hit?? Also is the screen protector built into the actual case?? Thank you for the pic to show quality. Prolly going to order 2 of these cases today. My major problem is I am always messing with my phone so I have to take the case on and off quite a bit. lol
THANK YOU AGAIN!!

The buttons are even nicer to the touch with the cover on! I cant explain it, its a great feel! the screen protector is not "built" on its some sort of adhesive, and they sent me a replacement because I scratched it very slighty a nanomillimeter (lol) mine the first week, they sent me an instructional video online, and all it seems to be is a peel off adhesive, I received the replacement but I didnt even open it, I will wait until something worse happens to the screen protector, in any case I asked how much they will sell the screen replacements for and they said 2.99 soon to be on their website, doesnt seem like a bad deal!!

Anyway good luck and dont forget to use a coupon code!