Droid X Naztech Vertex dual layer case - Review

Reaction score
Well after going through cases one at a time I have now landed upon the Naztech Vertex case that is sold for around $15.00/shipped on most internet websites.

I was looking for a decent case that would slide out of my uniform pocket without much effort and it appears this one might fit the bill. My daily case is still the Trident Kraken hands down but for those days my X is feeling too fluffy or bloated I will certainly install the Vertex.

Materials are a hard plastic exterior shell and a soft silicone inner much like the Otterbox Commuter. There are NO port covers what so ever but all of the buttons on the outer edges are completely covered.

The case includes your standard no frills screen protector (full screen thankfully) and installation is very simple.

So far the case handles well and I have had no issues. Lint is yet to be determined and I will post pictures if anyone is interested.

Hope this helps some of you on your hunt...

vertex.jpg

Last edited:

rydude07

Reaction score
Looks really nice. How hard is it to press the power button and the volume and camera buttons with the case covering them?

Also, how well does it do when taking in and out of a pocket...does it go in and out smoothly? And lastly, how is the lint collection?

It looks like I may get this over the commuter as the backlight is allowed through the front home keys. Let me know!!

Last edited:
OP
FloridaOccifer
Reaction score
Looks really nice. How hard is it to press the power button and the volume and camera buttons with the case covering them?

Also, how well does it do when taking in and out of a pocket...does it go in and out smoothly? And lastly, how is the lint collection?

It looks like I may get this over the commuter as the backlight is allowed through the front home keys. Let me know!!

The button activation is very easy, the silicone is not to thick but yet it feels solid and appears to provide a good layer of protection for the phone. If you notice the outer hard shell is larger than the Commuter series case so it slides out of my pocket fairly easy. I am still accessing the lint collection so give me a few days... So far everything about this case has impressed me except for the standard screen protector. I would certainly apply a ZAGG type screen guard on the phone prior to any real torture/endurance testing.

rydude07

Reaction score

The button activation is very easy, the silicone is not to thick but yet it feels solid and appears to provide a good layer of protection for the phone. If you notice the outer hard shell is larger than the Commuter series case so it slides out of my pocket fairly easy. I am still accessing the lint collection so give me a few days... So far everything about this case has impressed me except for the standard screen protector. I would certainly apply a ZAGG type screen guard on the phone prior to any real torture/endurance testing.

Thanks, it looks real good. Is the screen protector really that bad? I was thinking of just using that one.

Would you worry that it does not cover the lanyard hole?

OP
FloridaOccifer
Reaction score
Thanks, it looks real good. Is the screen protector really that bad? I was thinking of just using that one.

Would you worry that it does not cover the lanyard hole?

I am just a fan of the full protection the ZAGG type protector provides so overall its not that bad (very easy to install static cling). As for the lanyard area, the outer shell and the inner silicone layer cover the area well and if you are worried about a direct corner drop, I would think minimal damage would be done if any.

rydude07

Reaction score
Thanks for your help! I just got one online! I can't wait for it to come
Does the screen protector cover the whole screen or is it one of those trhat covers just like the visible areas of the screen?

OP
FloridaOccifer
Reaction score
Thanks for your help! I just got one online! I can't wait for it to come
Does the screen protector cover the whole screen or is it one of those trhat covers just like the visible areas of the screen?

No problem, the protector covers the entire top to bottom glass area.

OP
FloridaOccifer
Reaction score
Hope this case is better than the commuter lol

I personally think its much better but then again the Otterbox products have lost my following when they changed the design mid Iphone.

For $15.00 shipped I am certain you will be happy :blackdroid:

OP
FloridaOccifer
Reaction score
I have no idea if it will work with the extended battery.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

clane493

Reaction score
Considering both the Kracken and the Naztech....have the Otterbox Impact now.....what I don't like are the covered action buttons at the bottom of the phone. Don't like the feel of pressing the rubber cover. also, don't like the thin strip at the top. When trying to drag down the menu (top to bottom), my thumb catches the thin rubber strip covering the "Motorola" name....aggrivating. Also, don't like the lint accumulation on the cover.

So......although the Trident looks bulky, how is it going in and coming out the pocket? How's the feel of the action buttons (as I see this case too has covered buttons).

Thanks for any info!!