Trident KRAKEN series Droid X case

cuddabrown

Reaction score
Nice but reviews suck..says it blocks
Flash when taking pics..

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Reaction score
Screen protector sucks, scratches easy and puts a oil slick appearance between it and the screen.

It is huge and makes the phone huge.....which is great if you want maximum protection, but for everyday use it's overkill.

They can be had on Ebay for around $23 brand new with free shipping.

Steve

OP
iSnipeCattle

iSnipeCattle

Reaction score
Nice but reviews suck..says it blocks
Flash when taking pics..

I thought I read somewhere the flash cover is optional or something like that? Correct me if i'm wrong.

Screen protector sucks, scratches easy and puts a oil slick appearance between it and the screen.

It is huge and makes the phone huge.....which is great if you want maximum protection, but for everyday use it's overkill.

They can be had on Ebay for around $23 brand new with free shipping.

Steve

Is the screen protector built in to the case? As in is it non removable?

How big are we talkin'? Are we talking about making the phone non-pocketable?

Do you think the Amazon.com: Trident CY-DX-BG Cyclops Case for Motorola Droid X (Ballistic Green): Cell Phones & Accessories line (more like medium duty) would be a better choice?

Reaction score
It is a built in protector, but of course you can remove it.

Yes, the Kraken is not pocketable at all. It's just too big and thick, and the silicone is sticky as well.

I have the Cyclops as well, it's smaller but still has the same crappy screen protector and is still hard to pocket. It's more pocketable then the Kraken for sure, but still not an easy in and out.

I have yet to find the perfect case to meet all my wants. Right now I'm using the Incipio case with no screen protector so I can pocket the phone. But my favorite overall may just be the Otterbox Defender, it's just hard to pocket.

Steve

OP
iSnipeCattle

iSnipeCattle

Reaction score
It is a built in protector, but of course you can remove it.

Yes, the Kraken is not pocketable at all. It's just too big and thick, and the silicone is sticky as well.

I have the Cyclops as well, it's smaller but still has the same crappy screen protector and is still hard to pocket. It's more pocketable then the Kraken for sure, but still not an easy in and out.

I have yet to find the perfect case to meet all my wants. Right now I'm using the Incipio case with no screen protector so I can pocket the phone. But my favorite overall may just be the Otterbox Defender, it's just hard to pocket.

Steve

I also really like the Trident cases due to the colors and originality of them. Otterbox is just black and bland in my opinion. Is the Otterbox THAT much better than the Trident cases?

So you would recommend the cyclops over the kraken? Even if I can get them both for the exact same price?

This case you mentioned also looks pretty nice. Is it easy to pocket?
Incipio Motorola DROID X SILICRYLIC Hard Shell Case with Silicone Core, Motorola DROID X, DROID X, Cases, Accessories, Verizon

Reaction score
Yes, the Incipio is very easy to pocket. That's why I'm using it, holsters bug me.

It really depends on what level of protection you need, some cases are really overkill.

Steve

sforsyth01

Reaction score
I used the Kraken, and it is absolutely not easily pocketable at all. Neither is the Otterbox Defender. I then went to the Incipio, which was great and easily pocketable, but shows tons of wear after just 3 weeks. I just got the Otterbox Commuter and think that may just be the perfect case. Just enough protection and very easily pocketable. Got it at Sam's Club for only $25.

Hope that helps.

sforsyth01

Reaction score
The port covers on the commuter can be better, yes. But to say they pop out all the time is incorrect. The headphone Jack cover rarely comes out. The USB cover a bit more often, but not frequent if you put it in the ports right.

Reaction score
I had the Commuter case on for all of 15 minutes..............junk.
The outer case doesn't like to stay on, and the port flap doesn't stay closed at all. And I didn't like how slippery the outer case was, needs more grip to it. Now if you cut off the port flaps, and put a little grip to the case......it would be all right.

Steve

sforsyth01

Reaction score
And this is exactly why there were so many options out there. Each person has their own favorite. Try them all and pick from there. :)

OP
iSnipeCattle

iSnipeCattle

Reaction score
And this is exactly why there were so many options out there. Each person has their own favorite. Try them all and pick from there. :)

If I had the money to blow, I certainly would. dancedroid

Last edited: