What are the best cases for in pocket carry?

chevihemi

Reaction score
Getting a rezound this week and an looking for a durable case that fits in a front pocket of Jeans well. I do construction so a good impact is always a possibility. Haven't ever broke a phone in my pocket but don't want to either. Been looking at the otter box commuter series but looking for other options as well.

Thanks much!

Sent from my Inc1...still running great!

Last edited:

Arodnum1

Reaction score
Getting a rezound this week and an looking for a durable case that fits in a front pocket of Jeans well. I do construction so a good impact is always a possibility. Haven't ever broke a phone in my pocket but don't want to either. Been looking at the otter box commuter series but looking for other options as well.

Thanks much!

I'm in construction as well, I use the defender with the hip holster, very easy access even when kneeling on a roof or in a tight spot

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

OP
chevihemi

chevihemi

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply but I need to wear a tool belt most of the time so I am not sure the defender series would work well for me. I also prefer in pocket carry when not working.

Droidwolf75

Reaction score
Just switched from a Defender to an Incipio Silicrylic case. Mostly for the same reason, an easier fit in my pocket. Really liking it so far. Might be what your looking for.

Sent from my HTC Rezound using Tapatalk

OP
chevihemi

chevihemi

Reaction score
Just switched from a Defender to an Incipio Silicrylic case. Mostly for the same reason, an easier fit in my pocket. Really liking it so far. Might be what your looking for.

Is this kind of case sticky like silicone? I want it to slide in and out easily (get your mind out of the gutter!).

Thanks!

Arodnum1

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply but I need to wear a tool belt most of the time so I am not sure the defender series would work well for me. I also prefer in pocket carry when not working.

Ah, I rarely wear my tool belt, I normally do have a drill on my belt though, but I do not recommend the defender for I'm pocket, its bulky and will turn your pocket inside out, good for usingthe phone on a roof though

Droidwolf75

Reaction score
I haven't noticed it being sticky. The soft case has a hard shell that covers the back and corners.

OP
chevihemi

chevihemi

Reaction score
I haven't noticed it being sticky. The soft case has a hard shell that covers the back and corners.

Is the silicone and hard case molded together or two pieces like the otter box?

macpro88

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Otterbox Commuter. Best case I've ever had for any of my phones and its a great solid case for the Rezound as well. Fits great in my pocket and doesn't bug me when I'm working (network technician, do a lot of walking around, getting under desks to computer, climbing around rack mounts etc...) its a great case, I love it. And Amazon usually has them on sale for pretty close half off.

pickaxe300

Reaction score
I actually use the Defender and it is kept in my pocket 95% of the time. Its a little bulky, but all in all, one of the best cases. I had the kraken II for my inc2 and it was about the same in size/build/bulk and also used it for in pocket also. I think this will be one of those that is "personal pref"..

Arodnum1

Reaction score
I actually use the Defender and it is kept in my pocket 95% of the time. Its a little bulky, but all in all, one of the best cases. I had the kraken II for my inc2 and it was about the same in size/build/bulk and also used it for in pocket also. I think this will be one of those that is "personal pref"..

Doesn't that grip your pocket something fierce when you take it out?

Volkaru

Reaction score
Otterbox Commuter. Best case I've ever had for any of my phones and its a great solid case for the Rezound as well. Fits great in my pocket and doesn't bug me when I'm working (network technician, do a lot of walking around, getting under desks to computer, climbing around rack mounts etc...) its a great case, I love it. And Amazon usually has them on sale for pretty close half off.
I had the Otterbox for a little while, I had two glaring issues with it though...The case collects lint (especially for people who carry their phones in their pockets) and with the black coloring of the case, any lint shows up prominently. And another thing I didn't like...The case covers up the two stereo mics for video recording, so if I want to record anything without having muffled sound, I needed to take the case off (which can take a little while, given the nature of the otterbox cases (not saying it's normally a bad thing, though.)

I ended up switching to the Incipio Silicrylic case. So far I'm enjoying it, it's not the absolute best in protection, and it's not got as good of a grip because of the Matte finish on the second layer (but that also adds a nice softer feel to the phone, if you like that, and is finger-print resistant)...But it still offers decent protection, and doesn't cover up any of the mics, or the noise-cancellation receiver. It also is, IMO, more stylish, and because the plate is Matte, I can get multiples of them and paint them pretty easily, to add a decent style of customization.

Last edited:

jasonrobb

Reaction score
I had the Otterbox for a little while, I had two glaring issues with it though...The case collects lint (especially for people who carry their phones in their pockets) and with the black coloring of the case, any lint shows up prominently. And another thing I didn't like...The case covers up the two stereo mics for video recording, so if I want to record anything without having muffled sound, I needed to take the case off (which can take a little while, given the nature of the otterbox cases (not saying it's normally a bad thing, though.)

I ended up switching to the Incipio Silicrylic case. So far I'm enjoying it, it's not the absolute best in protection, and it's not got as good of a grip because of the Matte finish on the second layer (but that also adds a nice softer feel to the phone, if you like that, and is finger-print resistant)...But it still offers decent protection, and doesn't cover up any of the mics, or the noise-cancellation receiver. It also is, IMO, more stylish, and because the plate is Matte, I can get multiples of them and paint them pretty easily, to add a decent style of customization.

The otterbox defender has holes for the microphones. It does grab your pocket a little but it is a super tough case and doesn't limit the features of the phone at all. There is some lint but it comes off easily it doesn't stick permanently.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

cp24eva

Reaction score
You should check out the incipio brand. I have the silicylic. Good protection without making it horribly bulky and they come in 4 different color patterns. They also have the feather that doesn't power as much protection, but it enough that you can kind of feel more secure with less bulk. Go to the web site or check Amazon.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk

OP
chevihemi

chevihemi

Reaction score
What chain stores carry the incipio brand? Wouldn't mind checking them out buy have never seen them any where.

Thanks!

Rezounded, Rooted, and surely not Regretted!!