What are shotguns used for?

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
Don: Hey, Napoleon. What did you do last summer again?
Napoleon Dynamite: I told you! I spent it with my uncle in Alaska hunting wolverines!
Don: Did you shoot any?
Napoleon Dynamite: Yes, like 50 of 'em! They kept trying to attack my cousins, what the heck would you do in a situation like that?
Don: What kind of gun did you use?
Napoleon Dynamite: A freakin' 12-gauge, what do you think?

i can read

Reaction score
A shotgun is used for bird hunting or squirrel hunting. Try shooting a dove with a .22 and hitting it on the move. You could then go and pay the medical bill for the people your bullets finally landed in.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums

markgam

Reaction score
Strange no ones mentioned that a shotgun with buckshot is used in home defense so you don't worry about the bullet traveling through a wall and killing a family sleeping in need.....or leaving the house and shooting ourtside..

I personally load one round of buck then one round of slug and repeat. I say if you don't know what you are shooting at then maybe you shouldn't own a weapon, just sayin'

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

barski

Reaction score
Cat trimming of course!

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

Ahahaha, that's awesome.

Shotguns are used alot for Turkey, squirrel, rodents, and deer hunting close to city's.

Sent from my DROIDX

barski

Reaction score
I use mine to blow away useless networking equipment. Haven't missed yet...lol

Sent from my DROIDX

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
For seeing better in crowded streets...

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

fish1552

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
S23 Ultra
Twitter
fish1552
It is also used for breaching doors.

I was about to mention that! I was surprised it went this long without being mentioned. If anyone watches SWAT or something with hardcore law enforcement like DEA, you will see it all the time.

My favorite would be the one the guys made on Sons of Guns with the AR-15 and the under-body 12 gauge, much like the M-203 launcher on the M-16/4.

jnashr

Reaction score
It is also used for breaching doors.

I was about to mention that! I was surprised it went this long without being mentioned. If anyone watches SWAT or something with hardcore law enforcement like DEA, you will see it all the time.

My favorite would be the one the guys made on Sons of Guns with the AR-15 and the under-body 12 gauge, much like the M-203 launcher on the M-16/4.

That was a good one.....cool toy but pretty useless in application.

tuffD1

Reaction score
Let's not talk about the type of rounds a shotgun could use, cuz then we would have to go over to a firearms forum :) but let's do it anyway cuz this is "off topic". You got rounds that spray, penetrate, explode, incinerate, shock, make big holes, punch through steel and some that just, hurt.

Sent from my beat up Droid

SupraRZ95

Reaction score
Sons of guns is pretty stupid from a gunsmiths pov. They have some cool stuff but it is not a show to get information from. Of course we all like guns but they build wild application firearms usually not something u or I would own.

x.sys

OP
JohnnyS101

JohnnyS101

Reaction score
For seeing better in crowded streets...

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

You would see better in crowded streets and your feet won't hurt from walking on the hard pavement anymore

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Must not be many people that live in the country on this site.

MIUI