What are shotguns used for?

OP
JohnnyS101

JohnnyS101

Reaction score
Must not be many people that live in the country on this site.

MIUI

Most people from the country most likely don't own an android phone

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
The "racking" of a pump shotgun is the most unmistakable sound to my ears

Sent...

No kidding! I was watching a movie with my wife once and a 'bad guy' racked his shotgun. I started to laugh, and said, "That's going to do a lot of good, dope!" She looked and me, "Huh?" "It's empty, he didn't load a shell into the gun."

"When you rack in a shell into the chamber the barrel makes a hollow 'thunk' sound."

I got my shotgun out of the safe and racked it a couple of times (empty).

OK, now I put a shell in the magazine, and racked it again. (yes safety on, and pointed in a safe direction!)

Her eyes popped and she said "Oh yeah you can clearly hear it."

Quite a while later we were watching another movie and someone pumps their shotgun and she pipped up with, "Hey that gun's empty!"

I was so proud!

Last edited:

kptphalkon

Reaction score
lets talk about other legal firearms and weapons now :)

like miniguns and flamethrowers....

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
I know I love gun shows! When they come into town I'm there! But man have I met some major gun freaks in there strapped like a soldier in action, just strolling about like I got diss!! Lol

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

tuffD1

Reaction score
Then when they leave the gun show, they take everything off before getting into their Prius to go home; legally. :/

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
Then when they leave the gun show, they take everything off before getting into their Prius to go home; legally. :/

Lol yeah...that's right! I have never been in a situation where I needed to be strapped to the gills... I can't think either of any other place they wouldn't look rediculous and paranoid,other than the gun show..lol but there are some die hard gun freaks and that's where they hang out! Just buy and go! Lol

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

Bob Dammit

Super Moderator
Reaction score
A shotgun is used for bird hunting or squirrel hunting.

In many places you can still ONLY hunt large game (deer, bear, etc) with a 12ga. That's what slugs are for.

Sons of guns is pretty stupid from a gunsmiths pov. They have some cool stuff but it is not a show to get information from. Of course we all like guns but they build wild application firearms usually not something u or I would own.

x.sys
Sons of Guns falls into the same category as almost every other show on Discovery. I don't watch American Chopper for advice on fixing my bike...

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
I need to find someone private party to buy a 9 mm or a .45... any suggestions?

CM74DX

OP
JohnnyS101

JohnnyS101

Reaction score

I never been to a gun show, I wanna check it out sometime, what will I be in for?

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

antonyz409

Reaction score
Well as soon as you go inside there will be guns left and right lol they have All kind of guns from antiques to new ones, well at least the gun shows around my area. If yall want to learn about guns stalk.com is a great forum to learn from.

tuffD1

Reaction score
You would be in for a cool time. Definitely get there early, you will still be in a long line either way. Lots of other cool stuff besides guns. You will notice almost everyone will be walking tall with their chest puffed out, even the women, but their cool. Bring cash incase you see something interesting, and if your going to make any big purchases... Negotiate.

Sent from my beat up Droid

speedfreeq

Reaction score

CM74DX

Depending on what state you're in, you can usually get a permit to purchase for a nominal fee (assuming you're not a felon), then go get your own gun, all legit-like. I just got one for $5 from the state of NC.
Of course, if you are a felon or are facing charges or maybe have mental issues that prevent your passing a rudimentary background check, an internet forum is probably not the beast place to ask somebody to break the law for you.
Shotguns are for close quarters or hitting stuff without aiming quite so precisely:)

JohnnytheK

Reaction score

CM74DX

No, in California you must go through an FFL dealer.

But a Glock in 9mm or .45 works very well and are not that expensive.