Stock music player

jpin321

Reaction score
Ok the stock music player has finally aggravated me enough I'm on the hunt for something better.

What is everyone else using? I like power amp (trial) but it's not $5 good.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

WookieClaws

Reaction score
PowerAMP for me too, but I bought it years ago when I was sick of HTC's player.

WinAMP is good for some, and its free I believe. I personally like the EQ control and the GUI interface for PowerAMP; but it's easy to keep using since it was paid for a long time ago, lol

prowler85

Reaction score
I used MixZing for years, has a really nice interface, and the free version has most of the functionality. I actually bought it ($6.99 I believe) just to be able to edit tags, but if you don't care to edit tags the free version does just about everything and has a nice equalizer.

shanimal92

Reaction score
iLove Google Music! Maybe you could try Android Music in the market. Its the music app that was on the OG Droid, which i liked. UberMusic is pretty cool too. The only thing i dont like is that, when scrolling, you cant put your finger on the slider on the right side of your screen to go down the list faster, and there is not any notification drawer widgets. I think Codenameandroid's rom lets you put play/pause and forward/backward widgets in the power widget menu though. What dont you like about Google Music?

OP
jpin321

jpin321

Reaction score
iLove Google Music! Maybe you could try Android Music in the market. Its the music app that was on the OG Droid, which i liked. UberMusic is pretty cool too. The only thing i dont like is that, when scrolling, you cant put your finger on the slider on the right side of your screen to go down the list faster, and there is not any notification drawer widgets. I think Codenameandroid's rom lets you put play/pause and forward/backward widgets in the power widget menu though. What dont you like about Google Music?

There are just small things that bug me. Like half of my albums don't show with album art. Trust me it's there i put it there. Worked fine on my og droid with that player. If i set it to shuffle all my music then go to play an album there isn't an option that i can find to not shuffle the album. And why does the widget look so terrible? It always opens in recent not artist or albums. the lockscreen controls show up sometimes and not others. I know it's nitpicking but these things and other things just make for an aggregating experience.

shanimal92

Reaction score
i feel ya metaphorically, homie. the lockscreen is ugly as hell. are all your songs on the phone or are you streaming them? if youre streaming them, maybe you could delete your library and let them upload again.

OP
jpin321

jpin321

Reaction score
i feel ya metaphorically, homie. the lockscreen is ugly as hell. are all your songs on the phone or are you streaming them? if youre streaming them, maybe you could delete your library and let them upload again.

They are all on my phone.

Willyammer

Reaction score
I thought it was just me. Half of my music disappeared and the album art is gone. I'm left with pastel squares.

prowler85

Reaction score
So if we're streaming google music, is there any alternative to the stock player? I agree it is lacking a bunch, but have too much music to store on the phone, so streaming google music is about my only option. Just never thought there might be another player out there that can play my streaming google music.

OP
jpin321

jpin321

Reaction score
I don't stream but I've heard amazons music app is much better.

davidwar

Reaction score
I used MixZing for years, has a really nice interface, and the free version has most of the functionality. I actually bought it ($6.99 I believe) just to be able to edit tags, but if you don't care to edit tags the free version does just about everything and has a nice equalizer.

+1 on MixZing. It will search for your album art; not sure about why some of your music is missing though.