is there any way to disable the stock music player?

steeveegee

Reaction score
I've been using power amp which is awesome btw
but i have one problem
when i connect to bluetooth audio in my car and sometimes with my headset it starts the stock music player
so sometimes i have two songs going at once
is there any way that i can disable the stock player from doing this?

musicman

Reaction score
You can freeze the stock music app with titanium if you are rooted.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

timrock

Reaction score
i was wondering this too. when i plug in my beats headphones and press the play button on them, it starts the stock player, even though i have power amp as my default. there has to be another way.

fourtySIXand2

Reaction score
I'm having the same problem..
When I use the headset button to switch a track on power amp the stock player keeps starting up.. I never had this issue before, just the past few days.
I wanna trash that stock player.. any help?!

musicman

Reaction score
There is a solution. Root the phone and either remove the music player app or freeze it with titanium backup.

fourtySIXand2

Reaction score
I keep hearing about rootingn and not quite sure what that is. From what I gather you need a PC to do this?
To use this titanium freeze or whatever do I also need to root the phone?
Also does rooting void insurance warrenties and all that??
Thanks for the help my man!

musicman

Reaction score
I also had no idea what rooting was until I got my droid x. First, it will void your warranty. This was a big concern of mine at first until I realized that I can unroot my phone as easily as I rooted it. But there is still risk involved. There are a tons of ways to root. I used z4root one click method and it took about 30 seconds. Before using any root methods I would recommend doing some more research and becoming more educated on what you are doing. A simple search in the forum will give you all the info you need.

To freeze apps with titanium you must be rooted.

I highly recommend rooting, but definitely learn more about it first.

Other advantages of rooting are overclocking your phone (speeding it up), complete customization, getting rid of bloatware. That just a few but it is worth out in my opinion.

Good luck and enjoy.

musicman

Reaction score
Oh yeah, you don't need a pc to do it.

timrock

Reaction score
I also had no idea what rooting was until I got my droid x. First, it will void your warranty. This was a big concern of mine at first until I realized that I can unroot my phone as easily as I rooted it. But there is still risk involved. There are a tons of ways to root. I used z4root one click method and it took about 30 seconds. Before using any root methods I would recommend doing some more research and becoming more educated on what you are doing. A simple search in the forum will give you all the info you need.

To freeze apps with titanium you must be rooted.

I highly recommend rooting, but definitely learn more about it first.

Other advantages of rooting are overclocking your phone (speeding it up), complete customization, getting rid of bloatware. That just a few but it is worth out in my opinion.

Good luck and enjoy.

will rooting cause me to lose everything on my phone, forcing me to reinstall everything.

musicman

Reaction score
It may cause a loss of info, but it is unlikely. However, once rooted you wil have the ability to backup your entire phone. This can only be done on rooted phones.

timrock

Reaction score
It may cause a loss of info, but it is unlikely. However, once rooted you wil have the ability to backup your entire phone. This can only be done on rooted phones.

thanks for the help. didnt lose anything. worked like a charm. now time to remove some crap.

musicman

Reaction score
To do backups you just need titanium root, but to freeze apps you also need pro. Pro is just a key to unlock more features