What app can help me... there sending me a new phone

jackals

Reaction score
Hey guys, I made a thread in the ally section.. the vibrate is gone, so they are sending me a new lg ally... I have downloaded beautiful widgets and all the other apps are free apps...

When I get the new phone, is there anyway I can get my apps right onto the phone without having to download them? and how does a paid app work?

The guy at verizon store said something called appmonster (i forget the name) that backs the apps up..but I take what they say with a grain of salt.. what can i do guys.. ugh I don't want a new phone :(

fotc

Reaction score
i dont think you can just get them already downloaded on your phone so just download appbrain market sync and sync your apps with it. it uses your gmail account.

him

Reaction score
mybackup pro also works well for restoring data. If you are rooted it will restore apps and data. That or titanium backup again if you are rooted.

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Hey guys, I made a thread in the ally section.. the vibrate is gone, so they are sending me a new lg ally... I have downloaded beautiful widgets and all the other apps are free apps...

When I get the new phone, is there anyway I can get my apps right onto the phone without having to download them? and how does a paid app work?

The guy at verizon store said something called appmonster (i forget the name) that backs the apps up..but I take what they say with a grain of salt.. what can i do guys.. ugh I don't want a new phone :(

Once you purchase an app it is tied to your google account. 6 phones later and that app is still yours. You won't have to repurchase the app again.

Astro, a free app in the market, can back up your installed apps (but not data) to your card. When you get your new phone just keep your original card. Download Astro again and restore the apps from your card.

Finally,
When you get your new phone and get it all set up the market already knows what you installed and should start to automatically download and install those apps again for you.

Let us know how you make out.

cromo8

Reaction score
my apps have never reinstalled, and ive gone thru seven droid 1's and now on a droid 2 as a replacement, not ever do my apps come back, i used my backup

OP
jackals

jackals

Reaction score
I am not rooted -- seems like astro is what I should go with... I can get the apps right back on but then gotta just change the settings around I take it?

OP
jackals

jackals

Reaction score
ok anyone familiar with astro file manager... I backed up the apps I downloaded (didnt bother with maps, facebook, ebay etc) because they come on the phone.. so I didn't bother with doing this (tell me If I am wrong and I should)... i backed them up and it seems to have saved them under the backed up tab.. so am I good to go now? When I get the new phone what do I do? Run astro and it will install all the files that I chose to backup? then the phone will update them if need be once they are installed?

Anything else I should do? I appreciate the help this is my 1st time replacing the phone and I have been stressed cause I hate that I am going to have to adjust all the settings again in each program

him

Reaction score
Are you going to have both phones at the same time? If so that gives you a chance to try out a few different options. Also don't know which phone you are getting but the droid x has a built in backup assistant. Not sure how well it works though.

OP
jackals

jackals

Reaction score
Are you going to have both phones at the same time? If so that gives you a chance to try out a few different options. Also don't know which phone you are getting but the droid x has a built in backup assistant. Not sure how well it works though.
I have the LG ally... and yes I will have both phones at the same time.. 1 battery only (my old 1 and same goes for the sd card) they are mailing me it.

The LG ally has backup assistant also.. the rep said if i backed up with gmail initially to do it the same way to avoid a problem, duplicates, etc.. like I said I take everything they say with a grain of salt.