I have a few questions...can someone help me out?

niterydah23

Reaction score
Hey guys & girls,

I just had a few questions and wanted your opinions and feedback based on your responses if it's not too much to ask...

1. Which is the most beneficial / and must have app free and/or paid? From the looks of it I would assume it's Beautiful Widget, if it is please explain why? If not let me know in your opinion which one is.

2. Which home app do you prefer and why? I currently have Launcher Pro (free) and Go Launcher, which one's do you like?

3. I've never purchased an app from the android market but if I do purchase one does it charge to the phone bill or does it ask for credit card or debit card info?

Thanks everyone...:)

nakhleh926

Reaction score
Hey guys & girls,

I just had a few questions and wanted your opinions and feedback based on your responses if it's not too much to ask...

1. Which is the most beneficial / and must have app free and/or paid? From the looks of it I would assume it's Beautiful Widget, if it is please explain why? If not let me know in your opinion which one is.

2. Which home app do you prefer and why? I currently have Launcher Pro (free) and Go Launcher, which one's do you like?

3. I've never purchased an app from the android market but if I do purchase one does it charge to the phone bill or does it ask for credit card or debit card info?

Hai.
1. Id think that would be preference since everyone uses different apps for different reasons, beautiful widgets is really just a bunch of beautiful widgets, to show weather/the date/a clock.

2. I prefer ADW. EX, the free version used to be sluggish but this one isn't and I don't think the free one is anymore either.

3. Credit/debit, I think echecks too but I don't remember, it saves the information so your next purchase is nearly instant, so I've just been using that and don't remember the other choices.

EDIT: my favorite app is Droid X Recovery Bootstrap, but thats because I'm rooted, I use it a ton, you wont need it yet.

the reason I prefer ADW. EX is just because it's epic, smooth, and has TONS of things to customize.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

OP
N

niterydah23

Reaction score
Hey guys & girls,

Hai.
1. Id think that would be preference since everyone uses different apps for different reasons, beautiful widgets is really just a bunch of beautiful widgets, to show weather/the date/a clock.

2. I prefer ADW. EX, the free version used to be sluggish but this one isn't and I don't think the free one is anymore either.

3. Credit/debit, I think echecks too but I don't remember, it saves the information so your next purchase is nearly instant, so I've just been using that and don't remember the other choices.

EDIT: my favorite app is Droid X Recovery Bootstrap, but thats because I'm rooted, I use it a ton, you wont need it yet.

the reason I prefer ADW. EX is just because it's epic, smooth, and has TONS of things to customize.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Cool, thanks for all your feedback, it's really appreciated....anyone else with opinions are more then welcomed as well. Let me know

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey
1. Personal preference

2. Launcher Pro for the scrolling dock. Helps save space on homescreens. Theres also an update coming this week or next for LP. Adds screen transitions and gmail widget.

3. PayPal too.

OP
N

niterydah23

Reaction score
1. Personal preference

2. Launcher Pro for the scrolling dock. Helps save space on homescreens. Theres also an update coming this week or next for LP. Adds screen transitions and gmail widget.

3. PayPal too.

Okay thanks...what do you mean by it helps save space on the homescreen? You can add more apps to each screen? And what do you mean by screen transitions? Any idea what kind of updates are coming?

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey
LP gives you 15 spots in the dock bar for apps. Thats 15 more apps you can place on your homescreen. The transitions are what the screen looks like when it changes.

OP
N

niterydah23

Reaction score
LP gives you 15 spots in the dock bar for apps. Thats 15 more apps you can place on your homescreen. The transitions are what the screen looks like when it changes.

I'm sorry what do you mean by when the screen changes? When you scroll to another screen?

harrellj

Reaction score
The screen transitions are when you are swiping between your homescreens. In my case, I enabled the cube effect so it looks like I'm rotating a cube when switching screens. One other thing about the dock having 15 spots for applications, which is true, but each of those locations can also support a swipe gesture, giving you a total of 30 apps available as a scrolling bar at the bottom of the screen.

OP
N

niterydah23

Reaction score
The screen transitions are when you are swiping between your homescreens. In my case, I enabled the cube effect so it looks like I'm rotating a cube when switching screens. One other thing about the dock having 15 spots for applications, which is true, but each of those locations can also support a swipe gesture, giving you a total of 30 apps available as a scrolling bar at the bottom of the screen.

I actually received the update today so I see exactly what you're talking about. Cool Launcherpro it is for me. I was using it before then decided to use Go Launcher which always gives me the message "initalizing, please wait" and that's annoying. Does Launcherpro still cause a lot of force closes or was that fixed?