I'm new to smart phones, what are your favorite apps?

PolyOlefin

Reaction score
My advice: download the app called "AppBrain". Once you have it, select "Browse Apps" and sort the results by "All-time popular apps" or "Highest rated apps". That's the best place to start if you're new to Android.

Have fun!

sandfreak

Reaction score
wow i don't even know where to start...but i suggest the amazon app market. They offer one paid app (of their choice) free each day..most of the time they're apps i have no use for or interest in but once in a while they offer good ones.

As for my favorite apps, i'll list a few of the >100 i use

Apparatus is fun (got it free in the amazon market)
Beautiful Widgets (so many uses)
Calorie counter (keep track of exercise, weight and calorie intake)
Droidforums (I post from this app quite frequently)
Jefit (good exercises for time at the gym)
MissedIt! (Highly customizable widget that displays missed calls, texts, etc)
Plume (best twitter app when it's not buggy)
StumbleUpon (can waste hours messing with this app)
Taptu (good news app for anything you're interested in)
Zedge (thousands of ringtones and wallpapers)

VandyDroid

Reaction score
I am also interested in other's favorite apps. I cannot find "appbrain" when I put it in the search box. Also, does anyone know how safe iMp4 movies are? I wondered about downloading them to my computer then to my D3. Thanks!:icon_ banana:

B

Brucew0617

DropBox and Facebook and FireFox, actually I do not like use mobile phone to play games.

PolyOlefin

Reaction score
I am also interested in other's favorite apps. I cannot find "appbrain" when I put it in the search box.

Odd. I just searched the Market and found it easily. You can go to Appbrain.com and use their site the same way you can use the app.

csingo

Reaction score
[video=youtube;3-AYK16UY80]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3-AYK16UY80]‪Top Android Droid apps 2011, Best android apps 2011, Top droid apps‬‏ - YouTube[/video]

Tibbi

Reaction score
Weatherbug is a must have! Temp in your status bar, gives you weather alerts, allows you to save locations of places you frequent... other then all the apps already listed, you should get Weather bug!

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

debdroid1a

Reaction score
I love angry birds. All of them. The regular, Seasons, Rio.
WordFued.
Twitter app (trying out some others).
Droidforums app (yes for this forum)
Astro file manager, helps me file my items away and find them. I use it to find the TV shows I convert and watch at lunch.
Selftimer light (a camera app)
Movies by Flixter, shows what's coming up in the theares
Movies Free, keeps track of my DVDs, has a scanner for easy entry.
TV Guide to see what's on tv.
Gentle Alarm
Silent Time to shut off my sounds except from important people

I think those are the ones I use most of the time.

More ideas:
If you could only have/recommend 5 APPS ? start from the last page for the newest. Then when you have your top 5, add to the discussion.

Screenshots of peoples Droid desktops?
this is where I learned what a Widget was. I think it's a great page. The first few pages are older, so if you want, start from the end.

Must Have Apps STICKY lots of ideas and links in this one (including the links above).
DebDroid1a - You said Movies Free is what you use to manage your DVDs. I googled it and can't find it. Is there another name or do you have a link to it? I have about 450 DVDs and would love to have them cataloged on my Droid X. Thanks for the help.

Sorry I missed this post... I haven't been to the app section for a while.

Let me see if I can find it...
It's called Movies Collection & Inventory.
But it says on the screen and Application settings Movies Free. Now that I open it, it says Movie Collection.

Remember though to scan it as soon as you get the DVD home and open it. I didn't and bought a second one (it was on sale) so I had to return it.

N4UPD

Reaction score
First apps to get are the alternative market apps like aptoide, apkshare,1mobile market and Blapkmarket.

Sent from my VS910 4G using DroidForums

N4UPD

Reaction score
Oops almost forgot. Android free movies is a must have but it will be in an alternative market not the regular android market.

Sent from my VS910 4G using DroidForums

J

johnabraham

My favorite app is iWedPlanner. It is a nice wedding app for organizing the wedding planning in an efficient way and within the budget. It has many features like seating arrangement, RSVP, resources, to-do list and more.Other favorite are the Facebook and twitter because it is the best social sites.

knighthonor

Reaction score
I love angry birds. All of them. The regular, Seasons, Rio.
WordFued.
Twitter app (trying out some others).
Droidforums app (yes for this forum)
Astro file manager, helps me file my items away and find them. I use it to find the TV shows I convert and watch at lunch.
Selftimer light (a camera app)
Movies by Flixter, shows what's coming up in the theares
Movies Free, keeps track of my DVDs, has a scanner for easy entry.
TV Guide to see what's on tv.
Gentle Alarm
Silent Time to shut off my sounds except from important people

I think those are the ones I use most of the time.

More ideas:
If you could only have/recommend 5 APPS ? start from the last page for the newest. Then when you have your top 5, add to the discussion.

Screenshots of peoples Droid desktops?
this is where I learned what a Widget was. I think it's a great page. The first few pages are older, so if you want, start from the end.

Must Have Apps STICKY lots of ideas and links in this one (including the links above).

interesting.

Question,,, can having too many apps, burn out your phone?

My friend like to joke that my last phone cycle crashed because I ether used my phone too much, or had way too many apps. is there any truth to this?

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
My favorite app is iWedPlanner. It is a nice wedding app for organizing the wedding planning in an efficient way and within the budget. It has many features like seating arrangement, RSVP, resources, to-do list and more.Other favorite are the Facebook and twitter because it is the best social sites.

Too bad you can only really use it once. ;)

random rom'd X

sandfreak

Reaction score
interesting.

Question,,, can having too many apps, burn out your phone?

My friend like to joke that my last phone cycle crashed because I ether used my phone too much, or had way too many apps. is there any truth to this?

I doubt it, I have tons of apps and I'm constantly screwing with my phone (can't leave it alone for 5 minutes). No problems yet and it's about 18 months old, still works like new.