Were you disappointed?

JESSLYMK

Reaction score
How many of you woke up today hoping you had a notification for an Update?

I wasn't expecting 2.1 but was hoping the rumors for 2.02 were true. Oh well thats what I get for beliving rumors. :icon_ nono2:

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I wasn't expecting an update today so I couldn't be disappointed. However I've seen at least one other person mention this so you arn't alone.:)

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
the projected was 1/22 wasn't it?

Maybe they'll start rolling out the update as soon as tomorrow and have everyone updated BY 1/22. Who knows?

rawburt

Reaction score
I'm disappointed every morning when I wake up and its not there

Del Vecchio

Reaction score
I honestly didnt even think about the new OS. I remember the buzz about the last update and when I got the phone it updated right away. The new update will be out in due time Im sure. Why get mad when we were just updated

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
That's correct but somehow another some people seemed to have thought an update was coming today. Before the 2.0.1 update I did see a reference to 1/11 but generally everybody seems to think 1/22 is the day. It would seem rather foolish IMHO to release 2.0.2 when everyone knows the latest version is 2.1.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
That's correct but somehow another some people seemed to have thought an update was coming today. Before the 2.0.1 update I did see a reference to 1/11 but generally everybody seems to think 1/22 is the day. It would seem rather foolish IMHO to release 2.0.2 when everyone knows the latest version is 2.1.

I've heard no official word that it the next update is going to be 2.1. If you could link me that says that's the next official update that'd be great, but until then I would think 2.1 will be on hold for at least another month. Unless they did develop it for our hardware that fast.

(I'm not arguing with you, I just feel as though you, along with many others, are assuming that 2.1 is the next update. I've been away from the internets for the past couple of days so if there was news about 2.1 to Droid between the N1 release and today, please fill me in)

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
We're supposed to have a maintenance update (2.0.2) first then 2.1 will be available.
I don't know where Jan 11th came from anyway... I've always heard Jan 22nd as the projected date. It's still speculation though....:mad:

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

I've heard no official word that it the next update is going to be 2.1. If you could link me that says that's the next official update that'd be great, but until then I would think 2.1 will be on hold for at least another month. Unless they did develop it for our hardware that fast.

(I'm not arguing with you, I just feel as though you, along with many others, are assuming that 2.1 is the next update. I've been away from the internets for the past couple of days so if there was news about 2.1 to Droid between the N1 release and today, please fill me in)

During a live webcast of the launch of the Nexus 1 the developers said that the 2.1 release would be available for other Android platforms in the next couple of days. There was even an email sent out from this forum on this.

I don't know anything about a 2.0.2 update, talk has been pretty consistent that the next update will be 2.1. Now what exactly they meant by a couple of days I'm not sure, but I'm pretty certain the next update will be 2.1

imiller913

Reaction score
I wasn't disappointed at all we just hurry up and wait its nothing else we can do.

crspang

Reaction score

During a live webcast of the launch of the Nexus 1 the developers said that the 2.1 release would be available for other Android platforms in the next couple of days. There was even an email sent out from this forum on this.

I don't know anything about a 2.0.2 update, talk has been pretty consistent that the next update will be 2.1. Now what exactly they meant by a couple of days I'm not sure, but I'm pretty certain the next update will be 2.1

I'm pretty sure they said 2.1 would be "Open Sourced" in the next couple of days. I took that to mean that the code would be released to the manufacturers (ie Moto) and then it would be up to them (Manufacturers) to develop it for an update to 2.1, so I wouldn't be surprised if we didn't get 2.1 until March or so.

Guchi

Reaction score
SO I WAS JUST ON THE PHONE AND I WENT TO HANG UP AND THESCREEN HAD A NOTIFICATION THAT SAID "UPDATE DISABLED DUE TO NETWORK STATUS". WTF
now it isnt "updating" anything now that im off the phone. and sorry anout the yelling

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
Gee, I hit menu, settings, system updates, and it told me to stop hitting it, it would be there when it's there. Try it! :)

OP
JESSLYMK

JESSLYMK

Reaction score
I don't see systems updates or anything that says update under my setting. I was looking at that the other day because I was trying to see if there was a way to lookup app updates besides waiting for them to come on the notifications