Couple Things

DHood

Reaction score
For starters: I'm disappointed with 2.1 :/, I was expecting some of the features of rooted phones to be on 2.1 (more screens, etc) and it's just not there, I really see no difference other than gallery changes and... well that's kinda it and I already had that and many other things. Very disappointing.

Anyways, for those of you that read my last thread -- http://www.droidforums.net/forum/rescue-squad/34887-unroot-problem.html -- you know I got a new phone. When it came, I got a refurbished phone and that's bad enough but on top of that the volume up button is stuck pressed in so every time I lower the volume it goes all the way up and I have to fight with it constantly to get it where I want. Seeing as I pay monthly for phone insurance I think that's kind of messed up. I'm gonna call and complain. I should have gotten a brand new one.

When I was switching from my old phone to the new one I lost the SD Card in the mix, does anyone know off the top of their head how much a 16GB cost or a 32, just wanna know before I get there and get surprised.

AnneDroid

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
For starters: I'm disappointed with 2.1 :/, I was expecting some of the features of rooted phones to be on 2.1 (more screens, etc) and it's just not there, I really see no difference other than gallery changes and... well that's kinda it and I already had that and many other things. Very disappointing.

Anyways, for those of you that read my last thread -- http://www.droidforums.net/forum/rescue-squad/34887-unroot-problem.html -- you know I got a new phone. When it came, I got a refurbished phone and that's bad enough but on top of that the volume up button is stuck pressed in so every time I lower the volume it goes all the way up and I have to fight with it constantly to get it where I want. Seeing as I pay monthly for phone insurance I think that's kind of messed up. I'm gonna call and complain. I should have gotten a brand new one.

When I was switching from my old phone to the new one I lost the SD Card in the mix, does anyone know off the top of their head how much a 16GB cost or a 32, just wanna know before I get there and get surprised.

For your screen problem, download HelixLauncher (free in the Market) and you can have up to 7 screens. It works great with 2.1. As to the the price of the SD cards here's a thread with all kinds of pricind for 16 GB and 32 GB. http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-accessories/36175-32gb-sd-card.html

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
I should have gotten a brand new one.
Why? Everyone else in the wireless world gets a refurb unless the device is so new that there aren't refurbs. What makes you so special? You could have received a new replacement when your Droid was new.

You could easily answer this yourself by Googling. Use the Shopping search. Or hit a reputable retailer like Newegg.

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Why? Everyone else in the wireless world gets a refurb unless the device is so new that there aren't refurbs. What makes you so special? You could have received a new replacement when your Droid was new.

+1. I'm repeatedly puzzled by the sense of entitlement that holds I should be able to replace a used phone with a new phone. I'm hardly a defender of insurance companies (believe me!) but the notion that I should be able to demand a brand new phone to replace one I've lost, broken, or had stolen strikes me as bizarre at best.

Chilazr

Reaction score
ALL insurance replacements are refurbs. They aren't going to hand you an approx. $600 device brand new each time.

OP
D

DHood

Reaction score

You could easily answer this yourself by Googling. Use the Shopping search. Or hit a reputable retailer like Newegg.

Damn. bad day? Okay I understand that they can't give a new $600 product to everyone, didn't think of it that way at first. And okay, don't give me a brand new one but atleast make sure there's no problems with the refurb. Let me guess I'm wanting to be special because I want a functional volume toggle switch?

Thanks AnneDroid.

Last edited by a moderator: