Welcome to the LG Spectrum 2 Forums!

Layvin1

Reaction score
So just to make sure I follow, as of right now we can only use this recovery, if we have a operating phone. When I brick it again and I will :), I have to use the cab file to restore the OS, root, then install this recovery again and then flash the saved nandroid from the newly installed OS? Oh, we need this bootloader unlocked... LOL

Yeah that's what I was thinking also....but it sure beats having to get all your apps again , remove bloatware and customize again. If all that's at least backed up its a quick jump recovery back to a non-stock phone.

Sent from the Best overlooked phone in the market. LG SPECTRUM²

artinattleboro

Reaction score
Thanks

BIG Thanks to Asianflavor,microsd for being bold enough to brick their phone in pursuit of ROMS.

Thanks in advance to Miller6386 looking forward to Jelly bean on this great phone.
Working Roms may make this phone more desirable to the community.
The people that own it the better our chances are.

JimiMack

Reaction score
There are ways to crack it if you have the right knowledge..(which I don't fully understand it) But once I have the stock working image that Flavor is uploading tonight for me then I can create anything you guys want.... Should be able to port over any mods that are out there and get them to work with your device... I just need a working stock base.... I am not that good with compiling from code so having a solid base to work from will be the best.....

Miller, thank you. Look forward to what you can cook up.

micrors4

Reaction score
Can't wait to see what miller can do with these awesome phones, and I hope it is nothing to serious Flavor.

Layvin1

Reaction score
....ooh. Sounds like a busted vessel in you sinus cavity. Hope that get that under control. My advice .....don't tell them about the cocaine! :p

asianflavor

Reaction score
I've been home for a couple of hours. I did PM Miller my system folder and boot.img. I have a multiple amounts of miniscule tears in my left nostril. Stupid dry weather. I'm prolly done for today and going to bed early. Hopefully Miller will have some good news soon. I will keep my old phone till Thurs. so if Miller does have something to test, I will flash that phone. And it's not cocaine, it's bath salts!!! :soapbox::icon_ ban: (only thing I could find close to bath salts, hehe)

micrors4

Reaction score
Cool, hopefully he will have some ROMs soon that we can test and have fun with. It is sort of inspiring me to try my hand at making custom ROMs.

Layvin1

Reaction score
The download is taking forever..... As soon as it done I will decompile it and see what I can do from there with it.....

Thanks Flavor for helping get the needed image to Miller to be able to bust it and start trying get a ROM compiled. I can't wait! And thank you Miller for being smart enough and taking your time to do it.

asianflavor

Reaction score
I like to update what I have done since I haven't posted in a couple of days. I did passed what I had to Miller, which that includes the source code for our phone. I haven't heard from Miller but I have no worries. I have been resting since getting sick. But I am have rebuilt my build box and going to build a clean ROM for us until Miller gets us something to have fun with. I am learning as I build so please don't put big faith in me. I am doing a repo sync right now with Android 4.0.4. and then merge LG source code to see what I can come up with. Hopefully to have everything by the morning and use my broken phone as a test. I am going to send that phone back tomorrow night regardless if my ROM builds or not. I don't want another $300 bill on me since I found a house finally. Fingers cross and hopefully we'll have something to have fun with.

asianflavor

Reaction score
Thanks Jimi and Geek... The main Android source just finished up and going to load the LG source. Hopefully I will have something late tonight.

EDIT: It is building now. Hopefully no errors. I'm leaving work now and hopefully no errors when I get home.