Welcome to the LG Spectrum 2 Forums!

Layvin1

Reaction score
Hello to all and specially the former X2 family members. We had a great time pushing that device to the max thanks to DZK and his work. That in itself was enough to make me too anxious to get a newer device that would be proper for ICS/JB and whatever else the future holds! I am absolutely glad I decided to get the Spectrum 2. I stayed in the V store for about an hour messing with different devices, but for some reason this one just spoke to me, and that was before I found out how cheap the price tag was. I was going to use the Moto $100 rebate and get an RAZR HD for $99 but then they told me they would give me $26 for the X2 if decided not to go Moto. The Spec2 was on sale for $49 so i ended up getting it for $24 after trade-in ! dancedroid
I honestly think this is a nicer device than the RAZR HD,specially the IPS screen! Im glad to see some progress being made for this awesome device and hopefully we can push it for a long time like DZK does for the X2. .......now pass the Jelly please! :D

asianflavor

Reaction score
Glad to hear you got this phone. It is a great phone. We have root and 2nd-init CWM recovery. The Korean variant, LTE2, did have an official Jelly Bean update, so hopefully we will very soon. But please do not install any of the custom ROMS from the LTE2. There is an issue with the touch screen getting messed up even after flashing back to the stock firmware. Welcome aboard!!!

Layvin1

Reaction score
Glad to hear you got this phone. It is a great phone. We have root and 2nd-init CWM recovery. The Korean variant, LTE2, did have an official Jelly Bean update, so hopefully we will very soon. But please do not install any of the custom ROMS from the LTE2. There is an issue with the touch screen getting messed up even after flashing back to the stock firmware. Welcome aboard!!!

Thanks for the welcome! I rooted after I got home with it and then followed the bloatware guide and have not had any issues. I have searched all the droid communities I'm a member of for info the last 2 days. Is the CWM backup & recovery on here the one that the screen is black....where did I read that at ? lol! Too much late night reading on no sleep.

Ha....never mind....went back one page and answered myself.....jeez..got to get it together. lol!

asianflavor

Reaction score
Don't worry... as much work Micros and I did on this plus I have been sick, wife was sick and I have a 3yr and 2yr old running around like maniacs, I know what late nights are. Also been playing BLOPS 2 and the new Devil May Cry. Sleep and I have not been getting along for a long time...LOL!

micrors4

Reaction score
I just noticed on the first page there was a dev who said he was going to try to get a spectrum 2 to develop, but I haven't seen anything else from him which is unfortunate, perhaps if he sees the current progress he might be able to help?

asianflavor

Reaction score
First off, I didn't try AOKP on the phone. Been fighting off a nasty sinus infection after having an arterial tear in my nose. I am in meeting for most of the day at work, so I don't even know if I get any flashed today. But my replacement is at my house already. I did PM Miller from the first page to see if he ever got the phone. Hopefully he did.

Got a PM back from Miller. He has not bought the device.

asianflavor

Reaction score
Got a reply back that if he has time, he will look into the CM10 build and see what is going on. I told him that I will be a guinea pig for him. He is still looking for the Spec 2. He is looking for a broken one to dev on. Hopefully he will find one.

micrors4

Reaction score
I can also try some of the builds as well if you want, but I just don't want to mess up my touchscreen again because I go back to uni in a few days and I won't have any way to get to a VZW store to get a new phone if I mess up the touchscreen again.

asianflavor

Reaction score
Don't worry about. I also posted at Rootz since xXxgeek stated that he knew some devs working on this phone. Hopefully this will start catching on quickly. Still don't get why no ppl are jumping on this phone, esp. with the price.

micrors4

Reaction score
Well I would love to try some ROMs once the touchscreen issue is cleared up. I to don't understand why more people aren't picking them up, although they are a little over shadowed by some other phones like the galaxy nexus which goes for the same price and already has a big community around it.

asianflavor

Reaction score
I just got a reply back from Miller that he will look into this. I gave him the link to the CM10 ROM that we flashed. Hopefully that's enough for him. I just wished I could find him a cheap Spec 2 for testing. I am going to keep the old Spec 2 for a couple days if he needs some testing. I have a few days before needing to send this one out.

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
Alright guys I need some more info.... It looks like once you flash this CM10 it puts the top half of the screen on the bottom and the bottom on the top? Is the status bar in the proper location? And it appears that you aren't able to get the screen back the right way even when flashing back to stock???

micrors4

Reaction score
Yep, that's pretty much the problem with the touchscreen not the actual display and nothing seems to fix the problem, the status bar is in the right place, but the capacitive buttons are in wrong place.

asianflavor

Reaction score
I can take a vid and post it when I get home tonight. The digitizer screen is what is flipped. The scroll bar is at the top of the display, but you have to drag the screen from the middle then down to see the notifications. I am not able to find a config file for the touch screen anywhere in the zip or on the stock firmware. I also flashed my nandroid backup of the boot.img to see if it was in there. That has not fixed the issue. I will have my device for a couple of days for testing since my replacement is at my house right now.