Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
fcK6o.jpg

VERIZON WIRELESS AND LG MOBILE CONTINUE LEGACY OF INNOVATION BY OFFERING A TRUE HD MOBILE EXPERIENCE WITH SPECTRUM[SUP]™[/SUP] BY LG

Latest LG Smartphone Boasts True HD IPS Display, Verizon Wireless 4G LTE, Dual-Core Processor and ESPN ScoreCenter App with Exclusive HD Feed

Showcasing LG’s True HD technology, Spectrum by LG supports 1280 x 720 resolution and offers one of the brightest and sharpest displays available on a mobile device. Spectrum’s 500-nit display luminance and Real-Stripe RGB pixels offer users clear viewing in direct sunlight and accurate true-to-life color rendering.

Spectrum also features a Qualcomm[SUP]®[/SUP] 1.5 GHz dual-core processor combined with 4G LTE connectivity for robust power, multitasking and download speeds. Verizon Wireless leads the way in 4G with the fastest and most reliable 4G network in the United States, covering more than 200 million people in 190 markets.

Key features:

· 4.5-inch True HD IPS display provides natural colors and brilliant, undistorted HD images in 16:9 aspect ratio. Pictures and texts are incredibly sharp with 329 pixels per inch (PPI) screen density.
· Protected by Corning[SUP]®[/SUP] Gorilla[SUP]®[/SUP] Glass, the True HD IPS display uses Real Stripe subpixel arrangement so images never get blurred.
· Android[SUP]™[/SUP] 2.3 Gingerbread (Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich upgrade available the first half of 2012); support for Google[SUP]™[/SUP] Mobile Services including Gmail[SUP]™[/SUP], YouTube[SUP]™[/SUP], Google Talk[SUP]™[/SUP], Google Search[SUP]™[/SUP], Google Maps[SUP]™[/SUP] and access to more than 300,000 apps available to download from Android Market[SUP]™[/SUP].
· Preloaded Netflix app allows Netflix subscribers to stream the latest movies in high-definition quality.
· Qualcomm 1.5 GHz dual-core processor makes multitasking seamless. Customers can surf the Web, check email and update social networks effortlessly.
· ESPN’s ScoreCenter app offers the most comprehensive sports coverage available on an Android device whether you follow the NFL or Premier League, ICC Champions League or MLB[SUP]™[/SUP], NASCAR or Formula One[SUP]™[/SUP]. Customers can follow teams from more than 500 leagues around the world with an exclusive 720p high-definition feed for Spectrum by LG while connected to the Verizon Wireless 4G LTE network or Wi-Fi.
· Spectrum supports Dolby[SUP]®[/SUP] Digital Plus, which allows users to maximize their HD multimedia experience. Dolby Digital Plus can stream up to 7.1 channels of surround sound through home entertainment systems.

Additional features:

· 8-megapixel rear-facing autofocus camera with LED flash to snap beautiful pictures and 1080p video capture
· Front-facing 1.3-megapixel camera for video chat
· SmartMovie HD app—create and edit HD videos right on the Spectrum by LG
· Mobile Hotspot capability—share 4G LTE connection with up to 10 Wi-Fi-enabled devices
· Bluetooth[SUP]®[/SUP] Version 3.0
· 16 GB microSD[SUP]™[/SUP] card pre-installed with support for up to 32 GB microSD card
· SmartShare—share media wirelessly to DLNA[SUP]®[/SUP]-enabled devices
· HDMI mirroring capable via MHL

Pricing and availability:

· Spectrum by LG will be available on Jan. 19 in Verizon Wireless Communications Stores and online at www.verizonwireless.com for $199.99 with a new two-year customer agreement.
· Customers who purchase a Spectrum by LG will need to subscribe to a Verizon Wireless Nationwide Talk plan beginning at $39.99 monthly access and a smartphone data package starting at $30 monthly access for 2 GB of data.

OP
wicked

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
So who's considering on getting one of these? :cool-b:

t35rk

Reaction score
Looking at Spectrum and Rezound. Leaning toward LG at this point, GNex and Rzar have too many issues.

The Rezound seems to be the way to go if you want one that just works.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums

RVnut

Reaction score
The Rezound seems to be the way to go if you want one that just works.

Are you saying the Spectrum has problems? If so, what are they?

t35rk

Reaction score
Are you saying the Spectrum has problems? If so, what are they?

The LG I checked out for 20 minutes was hot, and froze up twice. LG smartphones don't have the best record. Well see as reviews from owners come in. The rezound is more proven. That said, I'm leaning to the LG for my upgrade in 2 months.

jet

Reaction score
Ordered yesterday. It should be here on Wednesday.

I wonder if SuperOneClick will work on it.

jet

Reaction score
I rarely listen to music on the phone, and the Rezound feels big. I need to be able to change the battery out, which eliminated the Razr. The $100 premium for ICS in an otherwise dull phone seemed high for the GNex. I considered waiting for the Maxx, at least the battery should last the whole day, but with basically the same dimensions as the Spectrum that $100 will buy an extra battery and the vehicle mount, plus I'll have a better screen.

The Spectrum had the features I wanted at a price I was willing to pay.

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
Is the home key a physical button or a touch button with a different backing?

bigsnack

Reaction score
Does the Spectrum really come with two batteries? And how is the battery life on this device vs Rezound and Galaxy Nexus, two 4G phones that are suppose to be good on battery?

jet

Reaction score
It comes with one. With the money I save I'll be able to buy a second battery (and a vehicle mount, a desktop charger, and lunch for a few days).

The home button is touch, not a physical button.

mcjonesy

Reaction score
I got to play with one today at the Verizon store. I was really impressed with it. I'm kind of torn between it and the RAZR MAXX now.

Sent from my DROID using Tapatalk

jet

Reaction score
Received the phone today. Activation went smooth. Not a fan of the LG UI. Not horrid, just different. I'll likely switch to ADW Launcher. The display is amazing.

It took a while to charge it, not sure why. I'm going to leave it on the charger tonight and see how the battery holds up starting in the morning.