Welcome to the LG Spectrum 2 Forums!

Layvin1

Reaction score
Yeeehaw.....we got a dev on board! Hope he gets his hands on a phone asap ! Thank you guys for being persistent and getting this awesome phone some love. I wish I knew more about development cause I would be on it like white on rice. Maybe he can come up with a recovery that you can see the steps lol! If that happens I'll test drive all that is needed. Doing a blind backup and restore scares me right now.

Sent from the Best overlooked phone available. LG SPECTRUM²

asianflavor

Reaction score
@layvin1 - We have a working recovery. Look at my other post that I started. I updated my post to reflect the working recovery.

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
I can take a vid and post it when I get home tonight. The digitizer screen is what is flipped. The scroll bar is at the top of the display, but you have to drag the screen from the middle then down to see the notifications. I am not able to find a config file for the touch screen anywhere in the zip or on the stock firmware. I also flashed my nandroid backup of the boot.img to see if it was in there. That has not fixed the issue. I will have my device for a couple of days for testing since my replacement is at my house right now.

Get me some shots of the screen and recovery..... I really need the stock firmware also....

Layvin1

Reaction score
@layvin1 - We have a working recovery. Look at my other post that I started. I updated my post to reflect the working recovery.

Oh OK.....I had downloaded it from that thread but have not ran it yet cause I obviously thought it was the black screen recovery you talked about a couple pages back. My bad. Time to do a backup then. Thanks.

Sent from the Best overlooked phone in the market. LG SPECTRUM²

asianflavor

Reaction score
Oh OK.....I had downloaded it from that thread but have not ran it yet cause I obviously thought it was the black screen recovery you talked about a couple pages back. My bad. Time to do a backup then. Thanks.

Sent from the Best overlooked phone in the market. LG SPECTRUM²

That was my fault for not updated my original thread. Glad you found the working recovery.

asianflavor

Reaction score
Here's the vid showing the issue with the touch screen.

[video=youtube;0jUNcmFCXTw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0jUNcmFCXTw[/video]

JimiMack

Reaction score
Quick question regarding this Recovery. I downloaded the APK do we just install and run, I am used to loading Recoveries through Hboot and such, just want to double check. This is a fully functioning Nanroid recovery?

micrors4

Reaction score
You have to be rooted but you just click on 2nd-init recovery, give it superuser access, then click on reboot recovery and it will restart the phone back into CWM.

JimiMack

Reaction score
You have to be rooted but you just click on 2nd-init recovery, give it superuser access, then click on reboot recovery and it will restart the phone back into CWM.

Thanks. And how do we then boot into the recovery to use the nandroid if we brick the phone and want to restore?

asianflavor

Reaction score
Thanks. And how do we then boot into the recovery to use the nandroid if we brick the phone and want to restore?

With 2nd-init and stock, you can't, from what I remember. I haven't had a 2nd-init phone since the Moto Droid X. I have been trying to catch up to see what we can and can't do.

JimiMack

Reaction score
With 2nd-init and stock, you can't, from what I remember. I haven't had a 2nd-init phone since the Moto Droid X. I have been trying to catch up to see what we can and can't do.

So just to make sure I follow, as of right now we can only use this recovery, if we have a operating phone. When I brick it again and I will :), I have to use the cab file to restore the OS, root, then install this recovery again and then flash the saved nandroid from the newly installed OS? Oh, we need this bootloader unlocked... LOL

micrors4

Reaction score
Yea, it is a bit of a process but that seems to be the only way we can do it so far, perhaps some dev can unlock the bootloader but I wouldn't hold your breath.

asianflavor

Reaction score
Last thing and I'm going to bed. I forgot to grab my sd card..hehe. Unless LG leaks the RSA keys (they have in the past), the bootloader will prolly never get unlocked. The OG Spectrum devs reverted to using the GB bootloader since it was unlocked. Not happening here since we never had GB. :frown:

micrors4

Reaction score
If we just get some ROMs with working touchscreens then I wouldn't be all that worried because we can at least get into CWM through the OS and restore the phone if it is soft bricked, but it would make life easier certainly. Is there any other way to crack it somehow?

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
If we just get some ROMs with working touchscreens then I wouldn't be all that worried because we can at least get into CWM through the OS and restore the phone if it is soft bricked, but it would make life easier certainly. Is there any other way to crack it somehow?

There are ways to crack it if you have the right knowledge..(which I don't fully understand it) But once I have the stock working image that Flavor is uploading tonight for me then I can create anything you guys want.... Should be able to port over any mods that are out there and get them to work with your device... I just need a working stock base.... I am not that good with compiling from code so having a solid base to work from will be the best.....