Welcome to the LG Spectrum 2 Forums!

Discussion in 'LG Spectrum 2' started by cereal killer, Oct 30, 2012.

1. micrors4

micrors4 Member

Ratings:
    +10
    That's to bad about the developer, hoops you feel better and try no to mess up the new phone

2. asianflavor

asianflavor Member

Ratings:
    +24
    Got a reply back that if he has time, he will look into the CM10 build and see what is going on. I told him that I will be a guinea pig for him. He is still looking for the Spec 2. He is looking for a broken one to dev on. Hopefully he will find one.

3. micrors4

micrors4 Member

Ratings:
    +10
    I can also try some of the builds as well if you want, but I just don't want to mess up my touchscreen again because I go back to uni in a few days and I won't have any way to get to a VZW store to get a new phone if I mess up the touchscreen again.

4. asianflavor

asianflavor Member

Ratings:
    +24
    Don't worry about. I also posted at Rootz since xXxgeek stated that he knew some devs working on this phone. Hopefully this will start catching on quickly. Still don't get why no ppl are jumping on this phone, esp. with the price.

5. micrors4

micrors4 Member

Ratings:
    +10
    Well I would love to try some ROMs once the touchscreen issue is cleared up. I to don't understand why more people aren't picking them up, although they are a little over shadowed by some other phones like the galaxy nexus which goes for the same price and already has a big community around it.

6. asianflavor

asianflavor Member

Ratings:
    +24
    I just got a reply back from Miller that he will look into this. I gave him the link to the CM10 ROM that we flashed. Hopefully that's enough for him. I just wished I could find him a cheap Spec 2 for testing. I am going to keep the old Spec 2 for a couple days if he needs some testing. I have a few days before needing to send this one out.

7. Miller6386

Miller6386 Developer
    Developer

Ratings:
    +1,684
    Current Phone Model:
    Note 4
    Twitter:
    CoreyFMiller
    Alright guys I need some more info.... It looks like once you flash this CM10 it puts the top half of the screen on the bottom and the bottom on the top? Is the status bar in the proper location? And it appears that you aren't able to get the screen back the right way even when flashing back to stock???

8. micrors4

micrors4 Member

Ratings:
    +10
    Yep, that's pretty much the problem with the touchscreen not the actual display and nothing seems to fix the problem, the status bar is in the right place, but the capacitive buttons are in wrong place.

9. asianflavor

asianflavor Member

Ratings:
    +24
    I can take a vid and post it when I get home tonight. The digitizer screen is what is flipped. The scroll bar is at the top of the display, but you have to drag the screen from the middle then down to see the notifications. I am not able to find a config file for the touch screen anywhere in the zip or on the stock firmware. I also flashed my nandroid backup of the boot.img to see if it was in there. That has not fixed the issue. I will have my device for a couple of days for testing since my replacement is at my house right now.

10. Layvin1

Layvin1 Member

Ratings:
    +18
    Yeeehaw.....we got a dev on board! Hope he gets his hands on a phone asap ! Thank you guys for being persistent and getting this awesome phone some love. I wish I knew more about development cause I would be on it like white on rice. Maybe he can come up with a recovery that you can see the steps lol! If that happens I'll test drive all that is needed. Doing a blind backup and restore scares me right now.

Sent from the Best overlooked phone available. LG SPECTRUM²

11. asianflavor

asianflavor Member

Ratings:
    +24
    @layvin1 - We have a working recovery. Look at my other post that I started. I updated my post to reflect the working recovery.

12. Miller6386

Miller6386 Developer
    Developer

Ratings:
    +1,684
    Current Phone Model:
    Note 4
    Twitter:
    CoreyFMiller
    Get me some shots of the screen and recovery..... I really need the stock firmware also....

• Like Like x 1
Search tags for this page
lg spectrum 2 blue screen
lg spectrum 2 custom rom
lg spectrum 2 forum

lg spectrum 2 rom

lg spectrum 2 roms

lg spectrum 2 will not turn on
lg spectrum 2 wont turn on
lg spectrum 2 xda
spectrum 2 rom

spectrum 2 roms