Welcome to the LG Spectrum 2 Forums!

Discussion in 'LG Spectrum 2' started by cereal killer, Oct 30, 2012.

1. asianflavor

asianflavor Member

Ratings:
    +24
    I do thank you. That is the same wifi tether program I am using with my Rez. I have 3.2 beta 2. Is that the one you are using? I'm getting stoked now for this phone.

Edit: I just read that you want to see about getting ICS AOSP running on this phone. If the bootloader is locked, do we need to used the 2nd INIT method? Wonder if that would be easier to build a custom ROM like Motorola devices?

2. micrors4

micrors4 Member

Ratings:
    +10
    I am using the 3.1 beta 14 but I would imagine the version you are using will work just the same, I am not sure how I will go about getting custom ROMS on the device as it was just an idea I was playing with if there is no one else that makes anything for this awesome phone. I am soon going to start my next semester so I won't have much time to work on it, but if there is still nothing by May I might start developing something myself so keep fingers crossed for a better dev to pick up this phone and make something.

3. asianflavor

asianflavor Member

Ratings:
    +24
    Thanks for your answer... now i am trying to leave work early to get my phone. You may want to head over to androidforums to see what was posted about the LG Optimus LTE2. There is someone that did get 2nd INIT recovery to boot and has a working CM10 rom in his github. I'm not sure if it would work on the Spec2, but the recovery has worked on the LG Motion. May take a swing after the weekend, I just hate to brick this new phone until I get to have some fun with it.

Edit: Been playing with this phone for 3 hours. Rooted it with no problems. Thanks micrors4 again for Wifi Tether help. I had to downgrade to the market version but it is working great. Now time for some BLOPS 2 online.

4. micrors4

micrors4 Member

Ratings:
    +10
    If this wasn't my main phone I would try it but without a known way to unbrick these devices I'm not sure I want to try this, but let me know if you do try it and how it works out.

5. JimiMack

JimiMack Member

Ratings:
    +12
    You can recover from a Soft Brick from the link below, but I can understand your concern. I am due to receive mine today, after rooting I will see about what else can be done. I am just hoping someone figures out how to unlock the bootloader, then we can have some fun.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/lg-spectrum-2/232208-rooting-lg-spectrum-2-essential-tips-tricks.html#post2346847

6. asianflavor

asianflavor Member

Ratings:
    +24
    I'm going to look around this weekend about the 2nd init recovery for the LTE2, if I have time. I am going to look at the Droid X source for thier 2nd INIT bootstrap. I still have my Droid X. I will also clear my Rezound build box and pull the LTE2 CM10 code from github to see if it's compatilble. I'm not a programmer by any means but this phone needs to get some love. I see that Neph is a good guy to talk to about this phone. Is there any other LG guys that we could talk to? Someone that is up for a challenge.

7. asianflavor

asianflavor Member

Ratings:
    +24
    Alright. I did find the 2nd init bootstrap to recovery. The guy who did all the work is 95hPaKicK. Seems like this guy is very busy. He's a Korean dev that has a lot of phones. He setup a github with his work. Just go to github and look up his work. He does have a stable CM10 for the LTE2, the Korean version of the Spectrum 2. I did take a peek at the code. I'm not a 100% percent if it would work. This is my first LG smartphone, so I'm not sure the compatiblity with the US\foreign couterparts. I did load up the bootstrap recovery. It is same bootstrap program as the Droid X. It does say Success when I had it flash the recovery. It does reboot but I get a black screen. This could be happening since I grabbed the recovery from a thread for the Motion 4g. I was able to reboot the phone by hitting the power button twice, so something is there lurking in the dark. I did PM 985hPaKick at XDA but he has not been logged in since Nov. Hopefully he will pop in over there and shoot me a message. I may have some time to tomorrow to look at more but I may be hitting my limit also. Let's hope for the best with this phone.

8. JimiMack

JimiMack Member

Ratings:
    +12
    Good luck looking forward to see what you dig up.

9. asianflavor

asianflavor Member

Ratings:
    +24
    I am having issues with my build box. I am going to re-do it tonight if I have time. If not, I can remote into my computer Monday from work and see what else I can do to get the recovery to work. If anyone wants to look at what I found, here is the link:

MSM8960-common
    LTE2 CM10 code

I also attached the bootstrap recovery for the LTE2. I won't have time to decompile but I should when I am at work.

View attachment lte2recovery.zip

Like I said before, I am no programmer by any means, but I like to tinker. Maybe this will attract some attention to real devs and we can have something.

10. JimiMack

JimiMack Member

Ratings:
    +12
    I would love for someone to list the names of the apps they have been able to freeze and or remove. I am trying to get this unit down to the bare nothing and have soft bricked 3 times now as well as had to do two resets. And now all of a sudden I can not get Google contacts to sync, love and hate these learn by burned trials. :)

11. micrors4

micrors4 Member

Ratings:
    +10
    I was able to remove all the verizon crapware with root uninstaller without any issues and I too was having an issue with getting google contacts to sync to another new phone but just gave up eventually and brought it to a vzw store to have them sync the new phone.

Asianflavor please keep us posted on your progress I know I would really like to at least get some method working of getting custom ROMS on this phone, wish I could be of more help but I have little knowledge in this area.

12. JimiMack

JimiMack Member

Ratings:
    +12
    Micrors4 thanks. Every little bit helps. I know the right way to remove the apps would be do a single one at a time, but I am just too eager to get this thing stripped down. I can not wait till the bootloader gets unlocked, though I do not really see a community building yet for this unit. Dare I even wish for Jelly Bean.

Search tags for this page
lg spectrum 2 blue screen
lg spectrum 2 custom rom
lg spectrum 2 forum

lg spectrum 2 rom

lg spectrum 2 roms

lg spectrum 2 will not turn on
lg spectrum 2 wont turn on
lg spectrum 2 xda
spectrum 2 rom

spectrum 2 roms