1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Weird issue with 3G

Discussion in 'LithiumMod' started by xRITE AIDEx, Jul 8, 2010.

1. xRITE AIDEx

xRITE AIDEx New Member

So for about the past 4-5 days my 3G has been going in and out when I know it shouldn't be, I was just wondering what the issue was I was running the latest ROM from Jrummy and had this issue. So then last night I upgraded to the V5.0.9 and woke up this morning with the same issue, thanks for any help
  2. Vaden K

Vaden K New Member

No problem with 3G until last night when I installed 5.0.9. It booted and auto synced all my apps and ran great, until I installed the Purple Passion theme from the Themes thread, then not only did I boot up to a black screen (which I could bypass by sliding the Droid into its dock and home keying out of clock mode) but my 3G connection disappeared. I rebooted several times and let it sit over an hour to no avail. I rewiped (3 times) and reinstalled and it still didnt work so I rewiped (3 times) and reinstalled again and it came back. Weird.
  3. tehstevo

tehstevo New Member

I've noticed the same thing on my phone. I've been using the same setup for nearly a week and have not noticed any issues until maybe Monday or Tuesday. It's annoying but doesn't seem to have any longterm effects.
  4. EgooEspada

EgooEspada New Member

I had some issues. I was on the phone twice and when they would hang up or drop, I couldn't get 3G back. A reboot would fix it.
    Or if I am the one to hang up it works.
    Are you guys using the stock kernel? I was and change it and so far so good.
  5. flipnduc

flipnduc New Member

6. hamitup

hamitup New Member

i have had the same problem but i keep the baseband update on my sdcard and reinstalled the baseband. works perfectly after that but as soon as i add something like the clock and notifacation color update i have to reinstall the baseband update again..seems its not locking in when you do a change to the rom

baseband for froyo. (the new one) click on megaupload for the .zip. This defeinatly fixees the problem. You will have to reactivate phone but thats no problem. just follow the screens promt.

MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2010
  7. gertman

gertman New Member

Does this baseband update just work for intermitant wifi issues or people not able to connect to a secure wifi network with Froyo?
  8. hamitup

hamitup New Member

what the baseband does is fixes any issues you may have wireless. from telephone service to internet. If you switching from an old rom to a new one more than likely you need yo update the baseband. Baseband upgrade will help the reciever of the phone also. Hope this answers your question.

Just install as a .zip once your in recovery. No need to rename it update.zip.
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2010
  9. hamitup

hamitup New Member

This is THE update for Froyo.
  10. CoFoltman84

CoFoltman84 New Member

Install as you would a ROM? update.zip?
  11. hamitup

hamitup New Member

no...just put it on ur sdcard and when yout in recovery just install zip from sdcard.
  12. BayouFlyFisher

BayouFlyFisher Rescue Squad

No. From what I've read here and other forums, that is almost always an issue with WPA on the wifi network.