Weird Glitch - HELP

deduct

Reaction score
Flash ics leak. 232 is recommended. Especially if you want to return back to 5.9.905 for a warranty replacement. I'm willing to bet that ics would cure your phone of these glitches. 232 cured mine from data drops and random reboots. Y'all feel free to send me a pm if you want any help flashing ics. I'm happy to help.

jayman350

Reaction score
Yes try GPS status and see if that gives you any errors. Supposedly if you waive the phone around in a figure 8 three times it recalibrates the sensor (no BS GPS status will tell you this)

but I have also used a method that you turn the phone 3 times on each of it's axis? axes? axises? Whatever

If nothing else works I would call VZW and try to get a replacement. Good luck

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

OP
L

LUCKW777

Reaction score
Flash ics leak. 232 is recommended. Especially if you want to return back to 5.9.905 for a warranty replacement. I'm willing to bet that ics would cure your phone of these glitches. 232 cured mine from data drops and random reboots. Y'all feel free to send me a pm if you want any help flashing ics. I'm happy to help.

I have no idea what this is. Im willing to give it a shot yes let me know how

OP
L

LUCKW777

Reaction score
THIS happens all the time in apps in texts and even sometimes on the home screen I turned off the accelerometer. STILL DOING IT.
I tried the figure 8 (man thats funny) no dice.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score

I have no idea what this is. Im willing to give it a shot yes let me know how

ICS (Ice Cream Sandwich) is the upcoming OS for the Bioinc, but it hasn't come out OTA (Over The Air) officially yet. To date about 9 leaks have come out. .232, while not the latest (.247 is), it is the last one you change back to .905 (GB for Ginger Bread) if you need to.

It's quite easy to install, although you will be off the OTA path. That being said, there are ways to get back on.

OP
L

LUCKW777

Reaction score
Thannks for everyones help. Today I deleted a few apps I think that fixed it. I was noticing a few weird things happening while I played a game called Modern warfare got rid of it and now I think Im back to normal.

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
WELL CRAP. still doing this glitch. Any other ideas anyone? I will have to do a hard reset. I currently have pictures that are on my phone how do I move them to my sd card?
I'll never understand WHY people insist on keeping pictures they don't want to lose on their phones (OR on the sd card, for that matter). Why not plug the phone into your PC, copy them to the hard drive, and burn them to a CD or DVD for safekeeping? Flash memory is notoriously unreliable, people should NOT rely on it for storage of important things.

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yes try GPS status and see if that gives you any errors. Supposedly if you waive the phone around in a figure 8 three times it recalibrates the sensor (no BS GPS status will tell you this)
The figure-8 is for calibrating the compass, it has nothing to do with the accelerometer. With all the sensors in these things, it's easy to get confused; though.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'll never understand WHY people insist on keeping pictures they don't want to lose on their phones (OR on the sd card, for that matter). Why not plug the phone into your PC, copy them to the hard drive, and burn them to a CD or DVD for safekeeping? Flash memory is notoriously unreliable, people should NOT rely on it for storage of important things.

While I have them on my PC at home, the pictures I keep on my Bionic are for showing others, plus I collect things and need a visual reference to make sure I don't duplicate. Pictured I take are deleted after they are moved to my PC.

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
While I have them on my PC at home, the pictures I keep on my Bionic are for showing others, plus I collect things and need a visual reference to make sure I don't duplicate.
Oh, I was just referring to the poster who was hesitant to do a FDR because they might lose their pictures. I figure if someone is hesitant to do this because they have pics on their phone, they probably don't have them backed up.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
Oh, I was just referring to the poster who was hesitant to do a FDR because they might lose their pictures. I figure if someone is hesitant to do this because they have pics on their phone, they probably don't have them backed up.

I get it. Yes it's pretty easy to move any important stuff from the phone to the PC.

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
I get it. Yes it's pretty easy to move any important stuff from the phone to the PC.
Or, in this day and age, the cloud for that matter. No excuse to rely on local device storage. Anyone who has had a USB key suddenly die on them will appreciate how fragile flash memory can be.