Screen glitch - BIG PROBLEM

Torrey

Reaction score
Okay so I've had the Droid Razr M (white) for about 2 weeks now and haven't had many problems until now. The screen all of a sudden glitched out while I was sending a text message for no apparent reason, and its been this weird mix of colors ever since. It looks similar to a television when you don't have the cable plugged in (when its just a bunch of grey white and black grains) except the grains are very small and different colors. Any help? I can't take out the batter to reset it which is what I would do... Look at my profile picture as that is what the entire screen looks like. I'm trying attaching pics i'm not sure how they will turn out...
Please help!
Thanks much. IMG_0037[1].JPGIMG_0036[1].JPG

cubsfan2113

Reaction score
About 2 weeks meaning less than 14 days or more. If less then return it for s new one otherwise do a factory reset.

Sent from RAZR M running Jelly Bean

OP
T

Torrey

Reaction score
I was hoping I could do something to fix this one I have instead of returning it. And I'm not sure how to do a factory reset without using the screen

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Whoa, I have never seen this before (except on dropped or wet phone). It appears that the digitizer/display is shot. There is a slight possibility that rebooting it will fix it. Try powering down or holding volume down and power for about 10 seconds till it reboots.

OP
T

Torrey

Reaction score
Rebooting it worked! Thank you so much. And I'm not sure what it was because the entire screen was like that, but the home "buttons" seemed to vibrate when touched. But the phone wasn't functional because I received a few texts and a missed call after I rebooted it. Thanks again though!

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Return it and gripe like no tomorrow... get a NEW phone...

I have a razr maxx HD... and yesterday while I was in Dallas,the phone crashed on me.. it took me over an hour to get the device to respond and do an fdr.. then it crashed again... its going back... it always was.. but now it definitely is... no the phones not rooted... modified or anything... :banghead:

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Wow, sorry to hear that 94. The M has been out for over a month now and this is the first I heard about this kind of problem so I don't think it is a problem with the M, in general but may be a defect for torrey's specific phone. It is covered by warranty if it continues to be a problem.

The HD's are just hitting the scene. Hard to know yet whether 94's problem is going to be common yet. I hope not because the phone has a lot of promise and I never like it when there is a black mark on an android phone.

war88

Reaction score
My Razr M had that exact problem too. I did a reset (power + both volume buttons) and it was fine. I've had many instances in my ownership with the Droid X and now the Razr M where the OS or screen has crashed or had a glitch. They always reset and work fine afterwards. It's annoying but I think most phones have some sort of bugs. The M is a great phone but I had hoped for less bugs than I've seen so far.

So far I've had that screen problem once. I've also twice had my phone refuse to power up in the morning, only after I had powered the phone off while it was charging the night before. During both these times I attempted to wait out the problem to see if my phone would turn on. One time it turned on hours later in my pocket by itself (this was before I knew how to reset). The second time I did the reset with success. Both times my phone was hot and the battery was at like 50% even though it had been charging the whole night and should've been full. Obviously some part of the phone was running even though it seemed dead. My SD card also crashes all of the time, which is by far the most annoying problem because it actually prevents me from viewing pictures or listening to music sometimes.