screen glitching

conacher

Reaction score
I've had my droid for a couple weeks now, and love it except for one thing. Occasionally the screen will start glitching and doing whatever it wants. When it first started doing it, I deleted my app killer, and that seemed to fix it, but now it is doing it again. I deleted every app I've installed on it to see if one of them was the problem, but that didn't help either. Any suggestions as to what's wrong and hopefully how to fix it?

OP
C

conacher

Reaction score
It acts like someone else just starts doing things on it, like scrolling through the screens, to opening apps. When im texting using the screen, it will start entering random letters, or the touch ability will completely stop working so I can't do anything on it. When it does this I have to turn the screen offf and then turn it on again

ruvy01

Reaction score
It acts like someone else just starts doing things on it, like scrolling through the screens, to opening apps. When im texting using the screen, it will start entering random letters, or the touch ability will completely stop working so I can't do anything on it. When it does this I have to turn the screen offf and then turn it on again

try doing a factory data reset.. its in settings- privacy.. if that doesnt fix it call verizon tech support and they will send you a like new refurbished droid 2

OP
C

conacher

Reaction score
I've tried the data reset a couple times now, and it will make it work fine for a little while, but then it will start to do the same thing again, even if I don't install any apps. I guess I'll call Verizon unless anyone else has anymore suggestions

lilmiss87

Reaction score
I've tried the data reset a couple times now, and it will make it work fine for a little while, but then it will start to do the same thing again, even if I don't install any apps. I guess I'll call Verizon unless anyone else has anymore suggestions

mine has been doing sort of the same thing. i turn the screen off with the sleep button then go to turn it back on with it and it won't come on. i sat there for 3 minutes waiting on it to act right and come on when i hit the sleep button, then i slid it open and it worked but i had tried sliding it open before when it first wouldn't come back on and it wouldn't respond. kind of annoying. i'm gonna call verizon and tell em what's up with it. but they're kind of idiots and claim you did something wrong to make it do that..or better yet..take off the back cover, remove the battery, put the battery back in and turn the phone on and ta-da it magically fixes it..they call it a soft reset or maybe it's hard reset ..that's their solution to everything....either way it's like thanks for wasting my time when that was the problem. morons. must be nice to get paid to tell someone to take out the battery to their phone instead of looking into the fact that the phone programming itself is faulty and the people who created it.

OP
C

conacher

Reaction score
Ok I'm gonna take my phone into verizon and try to get a replacement. Should I do a factory rest beforehand?

lilmiss87

Reaction score
reset?.. i wouldn't call it that but whatever

Ok I'm gonna take my phone into verizon and try to get a replacement. Should I do a factory rest beforehand?

personally i wouldn't do the factory reset cuz honestly all it did to my phone was remove my facebook and email accounts that i had on it. all my contacts and songs and ringtones were still on it..it's not even a real reset in my opinion..

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Alot of that stuff is on your sd card which is why it didn't go away. As for the contacts if you syncd up with backup assist when you restarted the phone they would immediately get added

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

OP
C

conacher

Reaction score
I guess I'll leave it the way it is then. Will they swap sd cards so I don't have to redownload everything?

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Ya just take your sd card out before you give it to em.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

OP
C

conacher

Reaction score
Ok thanks!!! I'll try to get in there tomorrow. I hope my replacement won't have the same problems