Problems

chaoticcyanide

Reaction score
Ever since I got the Droid 2 last year, I have had problems with it. It would randomly shut off, and so I'd have to turn it back on. Then, once when I went to turn it on, it stayed in that red set up screen for over an hour and I had to take out the battery. The person at my Verizon store reset it, and problems just got worse, but I'm a patient person. It kept locking up and glitching, things kept shutting off my phone and so, I deleted all of my applications and downloaded one game and my phone and it seemed to be okay.

Well, then an update happened and my phone glitched all over again. It stopped after a few weeks, but now, for the past week, I can't call someone, my phone won't allow me to text or it locks up after I type in one word, even the touch screen keyboard doesn't work and it disappears after I type in a letter and locks up. It's gotten frustrating, and the people at the store aren't really helpful.

What's going on? What should I do? I'm tempted to toss it on the driveway, and run over it thirty times with my car and mind you, I am a very patient person and I'm really fed up.

Norman

Reaction score
It seems like your having some dealt bad issues man. I suggest calling Verizon, setting up insurance on your phone, then send it in and they will send you a new one. ( reason being for this to work is that insurance is through a fifteenth company, not Verizon)

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
It seems like your having some dealt bad issues man. I suggest calling Verizon, setting up insurance on your phone, then send it in and they will send you a new one. ( reason being for this to work is that insurance is through a fifteenth company, not Verizon)

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

You can't add insurance more than 30 days after the original purchase date.

As for the OP, a factory reset may be in store. Aside from that, the D2 is trash. I've had it since August, 2010, and it's complete garbage, software and build.

silverfang77

Reaction score
For the keyboard issue, from the home screen, press Menu>Manage Apps>All tab>Multitouch Keyboard>clear data.

beachbum0193

Reaction score
You can't add insurance more than 30 days after the original purchase date.

As for the OP, a factory reset may be in store. Aside from that, the D2 is trash. I've had it since August, 2010, and it's complete garbage, software and build.

I whole heartedly agree with you here. been through 5 since original launch and still doesn't work... as far as the keyboard, i and many others had this problem after the update. look at the "texting issues" or something like that here on the forum. its a good fix. 1st go into settings, keyboard settings, then turn off "next word prediction, auto correct and highlight words" this apparently works!!! motorola should be ashamed for selling this phone

bdorsey5151

Reaction score
I've got a Droid II and after the update about a month ago, problems started happending. Frozen sceens, unexpected reboots, and in the last few days, a dead phone until I plugged it in. Today, the phone seems to have died completely. I have a friend at work who has had similar problems and Verizon finally gave him a Droid III ... waiting to see how that works out. Are there any fixes for these problems? I have insurance.