Glitching bionic

gchave

Reaction score
So recently I have been experiencing some glitches in the phone.. Mainly in the text messaging app that came on the phone. It will type random letters or type more then one whenever I type a letter (ex. I type "e" and the phone puts out "et")
I also have problems with the lock screen where everything gets stretched and turned sideways..really weird. There's plenty of other things that glitch on the phone constantly and daily. I have had the phone for a year now and the problems in the past few months seem to be getting worse.
Just thought I would throw this out there and see who else was dealing with this..I'm assuming if I go to Verizon they will say "do a reboot" but that's so annoying.

Also a side not My GPS is just the worst it tells me I'm blocks some times a mile away from where I really am. Navigation on the phone is literally useless because it give me wrong directions all the time.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
A couple of questions...

Are you on .905 or one of the leaks?

Have you cleared your cache?

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm assuming if I go to Verizon they will say "do a reboot" but that's so annoying.
I assume you mean a "factory data reset". And yes, it may be annoying, but that's EXACTLY what I recommend at this point. There's no way for us to tell what 3rd party apps you've installed over the past year, and to me this sounds like a 3rd party app misbehaving. I am going to assume that you are one of those folks that expect a phone to just "work". Unfortunately, these things have progressed to the point where it's like carrying a PC in your pocket. Like PCs, a smartphone benefits from some housekeeping from time to time, and a fresh start is always good.

altspeed

Reaction score
Dallas, Lone Star Republic, North America, Terra
Putting off an fdr is like putting off going to the dentist. Just suck it up and pull the offending tooth (or the trigger as it were). You and your phone will feel better immediately. Just because it has a linux kernel doesn't mean it will outlast the hardware like linux on a PC.

OP
gchave

gchave

Reaction score
I am not on any leaked version just waiting and going along with the OTA's
I guess I'll go with doing a factory rest.
Any suggestions or tips on preparing myself for it. I'm assuming all contacts are backed up on my google account?

Just_AGuy

Reaction score
I occasionally had funny things happen with texting on .905. I use handcent, it would insert random characters when typing. A reboot always fixed it.

LorelSilverleaf

Reaction score
I did a FDR the other day. Did my backups with ROM Manager and getting set back up was a piece of cake. Phone is more responsive, signal/data holds on better. I am on 247 but I agree, should help even 905.