Weird Glitch - HELP

LUCKW777

Reaction score
Has anyone encountered a glitch where the screen out of nowhere tries to turn to the side then turns back within a half second? It has been interupting everything I do on my phone and is really annoying. If I have to I will do a hard reset but do not want to lose some stuff. Also verizon could not figure it out and will exchange but yet agian I only want to do that if last resort!

Camoxjeep

Reaction score
simple question but did you restart your phone? Is it still doing it after restart? How often? Any new programs installed lately?What version you running?

OP
L

LUCKW777

Reaction score
I have restarted my phone several times . No downloads lately and my version says 5.9

deadudea

Reaction score
This is funny, I actually started getting the exact same issue about a week ago. Along with a bunch of other minor things that are really getting irritating...
Stock.. .905

SnydersWeb

Reaction score
Not sure if it'll help.. my wife's 905 bionic wigged out and I was able to get it back to a good state by going into the recovery menu and wiping the cache.

Hold up/down volume, press power.
Volume down and select recovery, press volume up.
Next press volume up/down at the same time
Select Wipe Cache
Tap the power button to wipe.
Next reboot your phone

You might give that a shot to see. I have no idea if it'll fix it, but it does no harm to do that anyway and it takes only a minute.

jayman350

Reaction score
are you using the stock launcher? maybe turn off screen auto-rotation and see if that helps. if its not an app causing this, my guess would be that your accelerometer is on the fritz and needs to be replaced

OP
L

LUCKW777

Reaction score
From what screen do I do this? and spyder I am not sure where I need to start when holding volume buttons.

deadudea

Reaction score
I think this started after the first time I cleared the cache honestly.. Hm.
I'm going to try turning off the orientation to see if it helps. It just seems like it's every time I wake up the phone. It can't decide which part of the home screen it's on, freaks out a little bit before settling down. The orientation happens usually at the same time.
(Sorry to hijack your thread OP, seems like the same issues)

OP
L

LUCKW777

Reaction score
I have cleared my cache. Waiting to see if this happens again . Well it almost did it. how do I reset my accelerometer

SnydersWeb

Reaction score
I have cleared my cache. Waiting to see if this happens again . Well it almost did it. how do I reset my accelerometer

Not sure if you can on that. There are times you can get in a little bit of a lag where you turn the phone and it reacts delayed and go back and forth. I've never had to troubleshoot the onboard sensors.

Does it do it in all apps or just one?

deadudea

Reaction score
I turned off the orientation, still does it.
It does it on the home screens mostly, but also in some apps, like handcent, which I've had for a year...
(Again, on my phone. Sorry OP lol)

SnydersWeb

Reaction score
I turned off the orientation, still does it.
It does it on the home screens mostly, but also in some apps, like handcent, which I've had for a year...
(Again, on my phone. Sorry OP lol)

Any recent apps or updates? You could do a factory data reset but that's a pain as you have to essentially re-set up your phone from scratch. Barring that - calling to see if you can get it replaced. And if it is then you're stuck doing the same thing as if you did a reset.

Some apps like GPS status can also show you a live display of what the sensors are getting.

OP
L

LUCKW777

Reaction score
WELL CRAP. still doing this glitch. Any other ideas anyone? I will have to do a hard reset. I currently have pictures that are on my phone how do I move them to my sd card?

SnydersWeb

Reaction score
WELL CRAP. still doing this glitch. Any other ideas anyone? I will have to do a hard reset. I currently have pictures that are on my phone how do I move them to my sd card?

You can get into the Files app and copy/move them from SDCard to ext-SDCard.

You can also backup your SMS messages. Just make a checklist of all items you'd rather not lose.