WebOS Now Being Ported To Some HTC Devices

WenWM

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
webos.jpg

To be honest this has almost nothing to do with the Droid's, well maybe Droid Incredible, but I think it is worth noting that this might be the next big porting game. Xda-developers has managed to get something great on their hands with some developers currently working on the WebOS port for the HTC Hero. This port is currently in the building and testing stage, but they say we should stick around to see this done soon and maybe try it out.

Now why am I posting this? Well the Droid Incredible usually gets the ports that make it to other HTC devices, and so this could be a great possibility. It is also just nice to know that you can do this, and may I dare say.... possible dual booting.

How do you feel about this? Personally I think the biggest problem with WebOS was that is had horrible hardware, but with this possible port it could finally be something worth using.

News via: BGR
Watch this porting

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Seeing the Droid 1 has the same cpu as the Palm Pre, would it be easier to do it for the Droid?

I never used WebOS before but am interested in trying it.

cplus

Reaction score
Wow!

I think WebOS [or any other OS really] being ported to smartphone hardware is awesome. The possibility to dual boot could easily sway my next smartphone choice towards HTC. An aside, I think the Pre 2 looks actually pretty slick though I would not get one do to the smallish screen.

KKK-Victim

Reaction score
hmm like tktouch said dual with ios would be interesting i mean im not a big fan of apple but i admit the support and apps are good to get into..

Inkarnit

Reaction score
How is this any different than using the Itching Thumb app? I'm using that and it's like I have my old Pre software on an X.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App