1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Open webOS Port Maybe Coming To A Galaxy Nexus Near You!

Discussion in 'Android News' started by DroidModderX, Oct 4, 2012.

1. DroidModderX

DroidModderX Moderator Staff Member Premium Member Premium Member

[​IMG]

AH SNAP! Getting bored with development on the Galaxy Nexus? Well something totally new to the Galaxy Nexus could be in the works very soon! Member "Patmw123" gave us the tip that webOS is currently being ported to the Galaxy Nexus. The webOS port team has even released a video showing a Galaxy Nexus booting up with webOS and wifi working, however hardware acceleration is not present making the rom unusable for now. Today the team released the source code for their port potentially opening this up for more devices. The Palm Pre may be dead but it looks like its OS is still very much alive in the hands of developers today. Be looking out for more news on the eventual release on this port!

Via Member New Depot via XDA
  2. iPhoneBlowz

iPhoneBlowz New Member

I've never booted WebOS on my HP Touchpad after putting CM 9 on it. Why would I want to put it on my GNex? :p
  3. Byakushiki

Byakushiki New Member

This would be more useful on something like a transformer prime imo as it would get a keyboard (dock) and far nicer hardware. It'd be a godsend actually since I'm sick of having to use virtual keyboards on my touchpad to the point I broke out fountain pen, ink, and paper instead. The rest of the OS is really nice to use though. It's also nice to see webos alive and well.

Breakfast beats worrying.
  4. patmw123

patmw123 New Member

5. ambrown

ambrown New Member

I really just don't understand the reason for porting WebOS to the Gnex. I mean maybe if WebOS were more advanced, but the OS has been gathering dust while other OSes have been evolving and getting new features. I guess there's the novelty of the thing but functionally Android is way better than WebOS.

One thing that I could see is maybe Android borrowing code from WebOS that would be nice/more efficient for Android to have.

From my Eris (rooted 2.1) using Droid Forums
  6. Chizzele

Chizzele Team Sourcery Developer

I like options, this would be cool when it works properly.. who knows where it could lead..
  7. jstafford1

jstafford1 Super Moderator

I liked how webOS handled multitasking. The "tabs/pages" was neat and easy to get around. I didn't like that only running apps could be on the home screen and no widgets. It had its nicer points, it wasn't a bad OS...

I'm not saying it was aliens...bit it was aliens.
    1 person likes this.
  8. loki993

loki993 New Member

Id rather have android on a iphone then webos on a G nex, just sayin.....
  9. akhenax

akhenax Well-Known Member

A webOS port is useless, if there are no apps to install on the port. I say merge the two (Open WebOS and Android) so I can run my apps. Let's call this newborn, AndyOS
Search tags for this page

open webos port to motorola razr