Weak Wifi After Liberty 1.5

JpAll4Christ

Reaction score
Ok, I am just a newbie here but I rooted my X for the first time today and so far I am kinda excited, but I am having to bugs that are irritating me.
First, everything worked fine till I installed Liberty. I followed directions and made copies of my data, both with Titatnium and anadroid and copied those files to my laptop. Then I wiped the user data and installed Liberty. But since then, I can only get a faint and flickering signal from my wireless router across the room. I only have a weak Verizon signal here at my house so I am quite handicapped at the moment.

Second, my Google contacts are all synced, but I went to try and restore my phone contacts using Verizon's backup assistant, and I cannot find it anywhere. ANy suggestions?

Over all, I love the new look and feel of the phone. Just working hte bugs out.

brenneisec

Reaction score
Ok, I am just a newbie here but I rooted my X for the first time today and so far I am kinda excited, but I am having to bugs that are irritating me.
First, everything worked fine till I installed Liberty. I followed directions and made copies of my data, both with Titatnium and anadroid and copied those files to my laptop. Then I wiped the user data and installed Liberty. But since then, I can only get a faint and flickering signal from my wireless router across the room. I only have a weak Verizon signal here at my house so I am quite handicapped at the moment.

Second, my Google contacts are all synced, but I went to try and restore my phone contacts using Verizon's backup assistant, and I cannot find it anywhere. ANy suggestions?

Over all, I love the new look and feel of the phone. Just working hte bugs out.

i havent had any problems with my wifi so maybe flash the rom again?
backup assistant is not part of stock android so you wont find it there. i believe you can download it from verizons website somewhere

cubsfan187

Reaction score
I'm not sure about Liberty but I know with some ROM's you have to add the backup assistant apk file to get that installed on the phone. I had to do that with APEX when I first put that on my X. If you need that apk I have it. Just send me a pm and I'll get it to you.

As for the weak wi-fi and 3g signal, dial *228 and reprogram the phone with verizon. that may help.

dirtyfingers

Reaction score
The easiest way to get all of your contacts would be to export them to your SD card before you flash any roms because most don't use backup assistant. Then once you flash the rom you can simply importbthem from the SD card and you wont lose a thing. If you didn't do this you could always restore your backup to before you flashed the rom and then export them to SD card. After that either restore your other backup or reflash the rom.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

OP
J

JpAll4Christ

Reaction score
Thanks! The more I use this thing since installing Liberty, the more I love it! I went to Verizons web site and exported them to a csv file, then imported them to a folder in my google contacts. It works for now.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Alto

Reaction score
The only wifi issue I've found is in the market. Sometimes downloads hang, and I have to kick into 3g for a min then reinitialize the wifi connection. Beautiful widgets and droid overclock both did it to me. Kind of annoying.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App