WARNING for new Motorola Droid users!

ned4spd8874

Reaction score
FedEx just dropped of my Droid! :icon_ banana:

I just opened the box to find out I had the box turned around the wrong way. The Droid fell to the floor...hardwood floors. :icon_eek:

It now has a dent in the bottom part of the phone. :mad:

So my warning is to every new user, BEFORE you open the box, sit on the couch. Open it up over a pillow. Whatever, because of the way the box is, you can't tell which way is up!!!!

It's charging right now and I'm afraid to turn it on. I'm going to let the battery charge up all the way and then turn it on. I'll let you guys know if it works or not!

RTracer

Reaction score
Same thing happened to me. Luckily I was sitting on my front seat in my car and it just fell on my lap.
Sorry to hear about that bud

DaHarder

Reaction score
Good Info, But...

One should probably care a bit more care when opening boxes anyway.

I suggest: Only opening packages on a flat surface (as I always do).

Happy DROIDing​

OP
ned4spd8874

ned4spd8874

Reaction score
Good Info, But...

One should probably care a bit more care when opening boxes anyway.

I suggest: Only opening packages on a flat surface (as I always do).

Happy DROIDing​

I normally do. I was actually in the kitchen standing over the counter. For whatever reason, I leaned far enough back for it to miss the counter and fall directly to the floor.

Gisboro

Reaction score
I feel for you, I really do. I know what I'm like when it comes to getting new things, I want them to stay looking that way for as long as possible.

I guess the upside is though it looks like it is only cosmetic, maybe you can get some sort of case that will cover that up and you won't even see it anymore.

Daywalker

Reaction score
This happened when the rep at the store opened it and I refused that one made him get me another

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
take it into the store and say it was delivered like that and you want a replacement.

dont tell them how it happened just say you opened the box and it was that way.

Rumps

Reaction score
Opening boxes of hi-tech devices can be very dangerous. I suggest doing a line of blow before handling such an arduous task.

monkeydog

Reaction score
This happened to me but the verizon salesperson did it! It was friday morning, her first droid sale ever and she opened the box upside down and the droid slammed into the side of the desk leaving little dents on each side of the screen. I made sure the phone still worked fine and I didn't want to make a big deal out of it or get her in trouble for screwing up her first droid sale so I just took it with the little dents.

reggin

Reaction score
This happened to me at the store when I bought it (actually before I bought it), and it hit the counter from about 2 inches high and proceeded towards the floor. When my cat-like reflexes kicked in, I caught it with my knee and saved it from certain destruction.

Secondly, how the hell do you package something so expensive and not safeguard it from tipping out of the box?

Last edited:

romeov

Reaction score
I often find myself staring at my Droid box (I still keep it on my desk just to look at hee) and wondering why for such a high tech, expensive new flagship product, they jammed it into a tiny box that looked like it came out of a happy meal.

kev83202

Reaction score
Good Info, But...​

One should probably care a bit more care when opening boxes anyway.​

I suggest: Only opening packages on a flat surface (as I always do).​

Happy DROIDing​

Well if everyone SHOULD always be smart like you, but why rub it in. He feels bad for droping his new baby have some simpathy.