OK, You Brainiacks - Explain This

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Last night as I usually do I set my Droid on the charger and put in next to my pillow. I'm currently running stock, no overclocking.

When I got up today I saw that the battery was only 70% charged and it was running hot. Now it did get under the pillow and the last time it ran hot like this the same thing happened.

OK, now let's get to the weird part: Somehow my Beautiful Widgets Beautiful Home got shifted to another screen (stock home screen) and underneath that was a CNN short cut. I never even use CNN.

So how logically speaking could any of this happen? I can understand heating up and maybe being under the pillow but the moving of Beautiful Home and a weird CNN icon popping up. That's just too strange.

Ideas, thoughts? Perhaps I'm sleepwalking? The cat did it? I'm open to anything.

GolfProRM

Reaction score
Are you using the OEM charger? Or is it a 3rd party one? There are lots of reports of off-brand chargers causing weird things to happen.

MNTNBKR

Reaction score
Now that's weird! Can't wait to find out what happened.

Someone needs to develop an event logger...it seems like these posts pop up pretty often.

OP
hookbill

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Are you using the OEM charger? Or is it a 3rd party one? There are lots of reports of off-brand chargers causing weird things to happen.

I am using my charger from my Storm. It's never caused me any problems at all.

Still that wouldn't explain the moving of Beautiful Widgets and suddenly a CNN icon appearing.

I'm beginning to wonder if I'm doing this while I sleep. lol. Were there any post from me at like 3:00 am? There shouldn't have been.

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
By underneath it do you mean just to the south of it or behind it? That's happened to me when my icons vanished and I remade them only to have the originals come back in the same real estate.

There definitely are a few ghost/haunted threads and at least one other overheating under the pillow type thread.

OP
hookbill

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
By underneath it do you mean just to the south of it or behind it? That's happened to me when my icons vanished and I remade them only to have the originals come back in the same real estate.

There definitely are a few ghost/haunted threads and at least one other overheating under the pillow type thread.

I would mean to the South of it. I guess. And all on a copletely different pages.

Yeah I've read about the pillow issue and I'm pretty sure that caused the heating and battery not charging prperly. Right now it's at a cool 27 degrees C and everything is fine. I got to be more careful. I guess I'll have to tell the wife to scoot over and make room for the Droid. ROFLOL. Heck, I even caught one of my damn cats sleeping on it. They hate my Droid.

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
Hookster.

Droid. Yours. Haunted. With BB Componants.

:)

Seriously though, I'd have to go with charger, it's the only variable in the equation that we know can cause strange things to happen, even if not prior to this point.

OP
hookbill

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
ghosts in the machine! This is how it starts.

Verizon is famous for pushing things on to the Storm that we didn't want. I hope they don't start doing that with our Droid. CNN didn't seem like something they would push so I really didn't think that's the case but you have to go through a bit of effort to create a short cut. Not much but there is some work involved in it.

wctaylor79

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Its the cat.. :) he/she is lacking attention now that u have the Droid. Heck I think my wife is plotting against my Droid. Woke up this morning and saw red rum written across my home screen... then a little girl in the hall.. wait nvm that was my daughter waking up for breakfast. lol

Last edited:

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Heck, I even caught one of my damn cats sleeping on it. They hate my Droid.

Not sure if you can change the sound but the Siren app (motion detector) with the sound changed to a WOOF or HISSSS might teach the cat to back off ;)

For that matter....it would let you know if a pillow landed on top of the Droid too!

OP
hookbill

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Its the cat.. :) he/she is lacking attention now that u have the Droid. Heck I think my wide is plotting against my Droid. Woke up this morning and saw red rum written across my home screen... then a little girl in the hall.. wait nvm that was my daughter waking up for breakfast. lol

Look, my wife is the crazy cat lady. She has 5 cats. All of them hate my Droid because I use that instead of petting them. I don't think it's by accident when they sleep on it at all. :D

joshua117

Reaction score
well you got me...that's strange to say the least. it could be the charger, i have a data cable (not stock..now that i think of it i think it is my old storm cable not sure) that does not get along with my droid at all. when plugged in the screen is almost completely unresponsive and when you try and do anything it takes on a mind of it's own. it will open up apps, icons, ect then close them immediately and open others. perhaps it is the same...just going out on a limb here though.

or it could be your droid likes cnn. the other night at around 4am or so i awoke to my phone announcing its presence with a thunders DRROOID!! i thought it must be a txt or something but when i got up to check it out no messages of any kind. it was also opened to the beautiful widgets full home screen. wired, but it told me that it was snowing so it was good. gave me extra time to get out warm and clean my car off. maybe my droid just doesn't like getting into a cold car in the morning. :laugh:

Last edited:
OP
hookbill

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
well you got me...that's strange to say the least. it could be the charger, i have a data cable (not stock..now that i think of it i think it is my old storm cable not sure) that does not get along with my droid at all. when plugged in the screen is almost completely unresponsive and when you try and do anything it takes on a mind of it's own. it will open up apps, icons, ect then close them immediately and open others. perhaps it is the same...just going out on a limb here though.

or it could be your droid likes cnn. the other night at around 4am or so i awoke to my phone announcing its presence with a thunders DRROOID!! i thought it must be a txt or something but when i got up to check it out no massages of any kind. it was also opened to the beautiful widgets full home screen. wired, but it told me that it was snowing so it was good. gave me extra time to get out warm and clean my car off. maybe my droid just doesn't like getting into a cold car in the morning. :laugh:

Haven't had a problem with the charger since I started using it on day one. I think sometimes these things get a mind of there own.

Now I do happen to like CNN so maybe my Droid was trying to help me out? Who know's how clever these things really are. loll

I honestly think for some strange reason I may have done it myself. I've never sleepwalk and have absolutely no idea why I would have created a short cut for CNN.

Here's another strange thing too: The other day when I opened my web up it was on the Los Angeles Dodgers web page. Now I'm a huge Dodger fan and I have traveled there once or twice but I have no bookmarks set up for this. I think maybe I should of just started chatting about this in one of the "my Droid is haunted" threads.:)