WARNING for new Motorola Droid users!

OP
ned4spd8874

ned4spd8874

Reaction score
Good news! The Droid is working fine. I agree with what everyone is saying about his box. Whoever designed it need to be punched in the nads.

mjeagent

Reaction score
Glad it is working, but i side with the earlier poster....bring it or send it back and tell them it arrived that way. Get a new one, it wasn't really your fault in the first place because it wasn't packaged properly.
IMHO, I would send it back. I am a bit anal and would find myself staring at that one blemish constantly.

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score
Ack I cringed when I read what happened to you and a lot of people who's Verizon employee dropped their droid. I'd definitely go to a store to get another one if I just got it. I wouldn't be able to stop thinking about it!

vtrac

Reaction score
This happened to me too, but only 1-2" to my desk. Whoever put the box together is an idiot. Apple can teach everyone a thing or two about box design.

OP
ned4spd8874

ned4spd8874

Reaction score
Well I called Verizon about this and they are unwilling to help. They said that since the phone is working fine, there's nothing they will do about it. I then inquired about that 30 day period where I could return the phone if I don't like it. She said that I could do that, but if the phone is physically damaged, I would be billed the full amount for the phone!!!!

Not a happy Verizon customer.:mad:

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Well I called Verizon about this and they are unwilling to help. They said that since the phone is working fine, there's nothing they will do about it. I then inquired about that 30 day period where I could return the phone if I don't like it. She said that I could do that, but if the phone is physically damaged, I would be billed the full amount for the phone!!!!

Not a happy Verizon customer.:mad:

The phone wasn't delivered to you damaged.... You admit to dropping it on the floor. There is no reason for VZW to take it back....

Do you have insurance? if so, you'll have to eat the deductible to get a new phone.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Good Info, But...​

One should probably care a bit more care when opening boxes anyway.​

I suggest: Only opening packages on a flat surface (as I always do).​

Happy DROIDing​

Well if everyone SHOULD always be smart like you, but why rub it in. He feels bad for droping his new baby have some simpathy.

If he was that smart he wouldn't center his posts.....

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
damn that sucks.

but exactly how fast did you open the box? I mean unless you literally ripped it off, you could see the phone wasn't facing towards you

OP
ned4spd8874

ned4spd8874

Reaction score
damn that sucks.

but exactly how fast did you open the box? I mean unless you literally ripped it off, you could see the phone wasn't facing towards you

I didn't open it that fast. I just slid the box open at a normal pace and out came the phone before I knew what was happening!

bacalao

Reaction score
I ordered my phone online and when it arrived in that tiny box I thought I was getting some bootleg. It fell out of the box for me too, but I opened mine on my bed like it was a new toy on christmas, so no damage. I hope they come out with a good case that'll cover it up.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
This is as bad as the women complaining that the coffee she ordered was Hot and burned her lap when she dropped it.....

R E M Y

Reaction score
... that's sucks. But don't feel bad. I dropped my droid walking down the street. I have the same kind of mark
u got but on the top near the power button. I'm not stressing it though, it doesn't bother me.