Want a nexus but worried about the hardware...

OP
T

tc1

Reaction score
I haven't heard any complaints about the GS2 or Charge so I'm sure the GN will be good with reception.

Cool that's my main concern.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

Arkbird

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Cool that's my main concern.

Don't take my word for it. I say go in and test out the GN for yourself when it comes out. You can always hear about things yourself but you never know how you'll really feel about it until you experience it yourself.

And of course I say that but I went and bought the Bionic on day one without ever testing...but it's okay because I can exchange it at Costco. Gotta love their exchange policy.

OP
T

tc1

Reaction score
Don't take my word for it. I say go in and test out the GN for yourself when it comes out. You can always hear about things yourself but you never know how you'll really feel about it until you experience it yourself.

And of course I say that but I went and bought the Bionic on day one without ever testing...but it's okay because I can exchange it at Costco. Gotta love their exchange policy.

I did the same with the thunderbolt, so you see where I'm coming from.

NoBloatware

Reaction score

To be even more conservative wait a month or two after it comes out to read about all of the bugs from the early adopters. If serious software bugs come to light, wait until an update comes out or workarounds are found. If some aspect(s) of the hardware is a big problem, obviously don't buy it. The wait and see approach is a good idea when it comes to buying newly released products, especially when the products get cheaper over time, some of the bugs are worked out in future production runs, and new features are added.

doublea500

Reaction score
I think google just would not allow samsung to put crappy hardware into a "google" phone.

R

RETG

And I know the tb is an HTC phone.

My point is that I've heard complaints about Samsungs radios, be it Gps,phone,etc.

I had a fascinate for a few days and radio reception was TERRIBLE. However, I live in a small town and get in the fringe areas really fast. But in areas where the Fascinate was a black slap of plastic, my X gets service and so did both of my BB tours (one was personal and replaced by the X, the other was issued by the Feds until I retired).

But I am still looking at the Nexus, and just waiting for it to be released and to hear the comments from others.

Just because the fascinate was bad in fringe areas, does not mean the nexus will be too. Hopefully, they have upgraded their radio.

Reaction score
Here is what you can do.

1. Get the nexus. You have 14 days to return it. No questions asked.

2. Get the nexus. If you end up having it for more then 2 weeks and don't like it. Sell it. Use the money you get off the nexus to get another phone.

Just remember option 2 will only work if you you get it from a place that doesn't require you have the phone active on the line for 181 some odd days.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Buy it from costco you have a 90day return policy then

prowler85

Reaction score
isnt that 90 days to exchange it? im not sure.

I'm almost certain it's a 14 day return and a 90 day exchange. On the 15th day you are locked into the new contract, but can exchange for another phone until the 90th day.