Anyone else worried..

Reaction score
What are the Q1 and Q2 phones and are they on verizon?

the droid 4, which looks like the illegitimate child of the OD and RAZR, and also the RAZRMAXX. the RAZRMAXX is the far better razr that was released in china by moto at the same time as the crappier razr here in america. it has a bigger 720p screen, bigger battery, and 13mp camera.

Good point. The rezound is such a piece of crap IMO. Laggy sense and hypeaudio have no appeal to me. I REALLY dont need a stupid EQ that caters to one genre of music which i personally consider garbage.

The only custom interface phone ive seen that doesnt lag one iota (smoother then the gnex actually) is the epic touch 4g.

Also good point on android catching up. Hadnt thought of that.

yeah all dr dre's beats does is turn up the bass to an obnoxious level lol :D

Juicemane

Bang Bang
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Honestly, if specs are all that matter to you I would just wait till a tegra3 phone comes out. If you care about the quality and support of a product, I would buy a Nexus... Not to mention, this phone will receive dev support for years to come. It will also most likely be the LAST pure Google phone available on VZW. Oh and its future proof... I dont see the need for a quad core cell phone, unless you are running an Oracle database on your phone, its all just marketing hype. Dual core is understandable, quad is just marketing. Show me one App that people would use daily that they need that much extra computing power for... Oh yeah, they dont exist... Not yet anyways

ænyoc

Reaction score
What are the Q1 and Q2 phones and are they on verizon?

Has to do with when the phone is released. Q1=quarter1. VZW/ATT/etc... are all corporations. Since corporations operate off of quarterly profits, they all try to time releases of major phones to maximize profits in a given quarter.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

ænyoc

Reaction score
...Show me one App that people would use daily that they need that much extra computing power for... Oh yeah, they dont exist... Not yet anyways

Fruit Ninja... we'll be able to slice the fruit faster than we can think!

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Honestly, if specs are all that matter to you I would just wait till a tegra3 phone comes out. If you care about the quality and support of a product, I would buy a Nexus... Not to mention, this phone will receive dev support for years to come. It will also most likely be the LAST pure Google phone available on VZW. Oh and its future proof... I dont see the need for a quad core cell phone, unless you are running an Oracle database on your phone, its all just marketing hype. Dual core is understandable, quad is just marketing. Show me one App that people would use daily that they need that much extra computing power for... Oh yeah, they dont exist... Not yet anyways

Isnt there some games coming out optimized for Tegra 3? Probably quad cores in general? Gaming on your phone isnt an everyday thing, maybe for some ppl it is, but some ppl picked the GS2 just based on gpu benchmarks....cuz thats where the biggest boost to their benchmarks came from.

Ppl were saying the same thing about dual core phones just last year....not needing them. Dual, quad core isnt necessarily about power. Multi tasking should get better even with quad cores. It did with dual cores.

OP
x25064

x25064

Reaction score
Isnt there some games coming out optimized for Tegra 3? Probably quad cores in general? Gaming on your phone isnt an everyday thing, maybe for some ppl it is, but some ppl picked the GS2 just based on gpu benchmarks....cuz thats where the biggest boost to their benchmarks came from.

Ppl were saying the same thing about dual core phones just last year....not needing them. Dual, quad core isnt necessarily about power. Multi tasking should get better even with quad cores. It did with dual cores.

I'd think multitasking would also benefit from the addition if more memory. However, I could be wrong, as I view memory demand from a PC perspective, not necessarily an Android one.

1ceFiend

Reaction score

I was curious about how much multi cores really help when I was looking to build a pc. And from what I could find online, it's really just pointless to go beyond quad core for a gaming desktop. It's just so you can say that you have an eight core processor. If the game is utilized for quad, it just means it's programmed to use all 4, not a big deal. But that will really drain your battery. Separate cores are there to handle separate processes. If you're utilizing all 4 on a phone, I don't see how that could improve battery life because you're doing so much on your phone at once. But I'm also nowhere near an expert on this, I've just been doing some research lately. Think about how much heat a gaming desktop puts off. So much that some use liquid cooling! And I don't believe ICS supports quad core, so you could be waiting a year to get that. If anything should be improved on phones, besides batteries, would be the gpu. But the graphics on some games have been incredible! Not like the GNex is at all lacking. Sucks my battery dry though...

Never thought to turn off nfc!