Thinking about the switch...

TheJester34

Reaction score
So I'm debating parting ways with my Bionic of one month and getting a GNex. I like to tinker, and Motorola makes that very difficult with the locked bootloader. I like the hardware, I like ICS (got to mess a little with ICS from Dhacker), and I love the fact that it's open for developers. Are there any major pitfalls going from a Bionic to a Galaxy that I'm missing? I'm not talking about user stuff, because that varies a good degree. I'm just interested in pure phone spec and differences. Yes, I've researched it already. Just want to make sure I'm not missing anything.

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
The only thing I think might get overlooked is that the GNex has no SD card slot - is all on board storage which is 32 gb...it isn't a bad thing if you keep your phone backed up to your computer or some type of off-phone storeage area.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
The ability to customize it is exactly the reason I moved from the Bionic to the Gnex. I loved the Bionic (my wife loves it now) and would never have moved to any other dual core 4G phone. I've not regretted it for one minute! I load a new rom, kernel or something almost every day!

Good luck.

OP
T

TheJester34

Reaction score
The only thing I think might get overlooked is that the GNex has no SD card slot - is all on board storage which is 32 gb...it isn't a bad thing if you keep your phone backed up to your computer or some type of off-phone storeage area.

I did remember that one. I think 32GB is more than enough for me. I don't need to carry a ton of stuff with me, so I may have a couple gigs of music and a couple movies or something. Not too worried on that front.

The ability to customize it is exactly the reason I moved from the Bionic to the Gnex. I loved the Bionic (my wife loves it now) and would never have moved to any other dual core 4G phone. I've not regretted it for one minute! I load a new rom, kernel or something almost every day!

Good luck.

It's very good to know that there is a large community for development for it, that's for sure. When I had my Droid X, there was always something now to try (even CyanogenMod. Thanks 2nd init!). I'd like to be able to take part in that again, maybe learn how to do some of the stuff myself. Seems like the best phone to work with

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
I jumped from the Bionic also. I do like it much better, to me it feels like a decent jump forward. As far as specs, you will find that both phones are very similar in speed. Both are quick!