Want a new 4g phone before 7/7?

trueangla

Reaction score
I have a droid 2 now. Looking at TB or Charge. Which one would you get based on specs, storage, battery life, cost, ect. Thanks.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
As far as specs and cost, I would call the thunderbolt the winner. More ram, dual led flash, and the same screen size (while the charge has a nicer quality screen) and its fifty dollars cheaper with an upgrade. That being said I love my thunderbolt but for the time being I would only suggest it if you're willing to root it. It suffers from a random reboot problem caused by the radio and the fix is on the way for stock users but already available for rooted users. Also the battery life isn't amazing. It's a great phone though and honestly you can't go wrong either way.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
charge gets my vote.
battery life alone is worth it.

both are 1ghz processors. both have similar ram... the TB does have slightly more however. the displays are no contest... charge wins hands down. try them both in store... decide what you like best!

-a Voodoo Charged post-

mamawm

Reaction score
husband got the charge 3 weeks ago and i haven't stopped drooling yet. can't wait for my upgrade. i'll be moving up from an eris and while it was a fine little pocket computer it was a terrible phone and now i'm a bit leary of htc phones.

bendystrawboy

Reaction score
If you don't mind touchwiz or the price the charge is the winner.

Having the og droid though, the tbolt was the winner for me, I'm enjoying Sense and all the nice roms, and i got a free extra battery.

Plus i'm on an 10 month upgrade cycle, and i'm hoping the rev 2. lte radios bring us smaller phones..

leonozug

Reaction score
Get the Charge. My friend has it and it's aweosme. Beautiful screen, good battery life too. Nevermind touchwiz, just put Launcher Pro or ADW on it and it'll be fine. Another freind of mine bought the Bolt and took it back in a week. He had to charge it three times a day. Not worth it in my opinion.