Want 5 homescreens?

Magdroid

Reaction score
This may be for you IF:

-You don't want to root your Droid. :motdroidvert:
-Your tired of waiting for 2.1 (which MAY not have 5 screens anyhow, only time will tell).
-Your 3 screens are full.
-You don't want to jump into GDE, Home++, Panda (or experienced problems with those).

There is a program out there called Launcher+ Beta.
Launcher+ beta v0.9.1 Application for Android | Lifestyle

Now, before you start going "I've heard about this, it doesn't work. or I've downloaded this and have had a lot of Force Closes"
Please read my review:

I've been running this program for 3 days. Yes, I've had 1 Force Close (FC). The reason, I was installing the widgets too quickly, one right after another. Besides that, I've had no problems using 5 screens. I have yet to use 7. I think this program is GREAT, and it has calmed my eagerness for getting 2.1 greatly! I am now more patient.

The reason why so many people have force closes is simple. They have widgets and icons on their stock home screen. Please follow these instructions.

1. Remove EVERYTHING from your homescreen! This includes all Icons and Widgets.

2. Download Launcher+ Beta.

3. Launch the Launcher+ Beta Application.

4. Go into settings (Long press the blank screen then click on Screens) Select your default screen.

5. Now, start adding your Icons + Widgets.

6. When your done adding your widgets, restart your droid.

7. Congrats, now you have 5 (or more) screens!

There are settings for you to change your default screen. I only have 5 screens..I have no use for more than that. I use screen #3 for my default.

Again, I've been operating for 3 days straight, and have yet to experience a Force Close. I hope this helps a lot of you out there, and surpresses the eagerness for 2.1. Don't worry, we will get it one day.

Try it, and let me know some feedback.

Download:
chart

P.S. Mods please don't delete this. I posted this to end the questions I keep hearing, and so people can now have more screens.
P.S.S. - The only widget that doesn't seem to work is the Handcent widget so far. I just had to replace the widget with the actual icon from the drawer.

Thank you,
MagDroid

rawburt

Reaction score
Worked good for me for awhile, eventually it got really buggy.... /uninstalled

OP
M

Magdroid

Reaction score
Nice to know. I hope it keeps working well. If it does get "buggy" I will uninstall and try Home++ or GDE, but it's fine for right now. I don't think I am as brave as you guys, and could do any actual "rooting".

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
Home ++ is simply the full version of Launcher. If you have problems with launcher you will have 10 times as many with Home ++.

Oktavius

Reaction score
Had Home++ and dealt with the force closes until I got tired of it. Went back to stock Home and was great for a week until I decided to try Launcher+. I had multiple force closes in the first day. Ended up removing it.

I did have the Handcent widget running. Could that be my problem as noted by the OP or is the OP's problem that the widget wouldnt run period?

johall07

Reaction score
Had Home++ and dealt with the force closes until I got tired of it. Went back to stock Home and was great for a week until I decided to try Launcher+. I had multiple force closes in the first day. Ended up removing it.

I did have the Handcent widget running. Could that be my problem as noted by the OP or is the OP's problem that the widget wouldnt run period?

all i know is that widget is evil and all it does it mess up your phone (well mine at least)