Too many widgets causing force closes?

stangdroid

Reaction score
I tried home ++ and are now using helix. I would get a force close on home ++ if the wind blew the wrong way. I seem to be getting them way too often on helix too! I have mixzing, pandora, weather widget,the calender widget and 8 picture frame widgets on 7 screens. Why am I getting so many force closes? I have no widgets on my stock home screens, only icons. or does every home launcher app perform that bad?

Reaction score
I have no idea why you're having so many force closes, I've only had one force close with home++ in a few months and none with helix launcher.. I was actually so confident in helix launcher I deleted my normal launcher.apk

In short, no, the home replacements are not that bad, I guess it matters largely on your setup

OP
S

stangdroid

Reaction score
The only things I have are icons on my stock home screens, no widgets, on my helix screens I have a full screen mixzingwidget, full screen calendar widget, pandora and last fm widgets and 8 picture frame widgets. Would any of those interfere with the launchers?

Reaction score
I doubt it, but I've never run mixzing/last fm widgets so it's possible.. I'll try it later today and let you know what happens. Maybe if you just take EVERYTHING off the homescreen you aren't using it might help

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I remember reading a post by a dev where he said to only put widgets close to the home screen. In other words, the further you get from the center, the less stable things would be. (it must be true because I read it on the internet!!)

OP
S

stangdroid

Reaction score
I remember reading a post by a dev where he said to only put widgets close to the home screen. In other words, the further you get from the center, the less stable things would be. (it must be true because I read it on the internet!!)

Wonder if that is true? The icons are on the home screen only because I thought they had to be for bettercut to work. Its just so annoying to get these force closes when I really like these home apps. I just got a force close and all I was doing was writing this post!

OP
S

stangdroid

Reaction score
Well I had to uninstall helix, every time I tried to remove the picture frame widgets or even just go to those pages it would force close.they were at each end of my seven screens.not sure what is going on or what setup I am doing wrong.would mylock have anything to do with it on either launcher?

windmeup

Reaction score
I agree with Bayou - I saw a post awhile back from one of the devs saying that any widgets on the outer pages would cause FC's.

Only use widgets on the main 3 screens and you should be fine. You can see pictures in your gallery, do you really need 8 picture frames and widgets on all 7 screens?