Wanna use DX2 hotspot?

garywojdan81

Reaction score
If I remember right, doing this properly is all about timing. These phones have 2 data streams available, the toggling of the phone while the hotspot is active just pins the paid(. dun) stream to the phones normal 3g stream which "hides" it from detection. Qpst was a more reliable alternative on the fascinate. Does it work on the x2?

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
This still works on the DX2. I found this and have used it successfully everytime with my DX. Insurance replacement sent me the new DX2. It took a couple of tries but it still works!
Turn on hotspot.
Dialpad. *#*#INFO#*#*
Open phone info. Toggle radio off then on.
Bam! Hotspot active.
No need for root or 3rd party apps. Uses real 3G connection not a slower dialup type connection.
Enjoy. Loving my new DX2!

Around Spring, TX? Need the best plumber?
BBB Accredited | Spring Plumbing | Woodlands Plumbing | Tomball Plumber | Water Heater Experts | Woodlands Plumber

Good ole Spring. I used to live there and still have friends out that way.

SSX v2.0

enzom3

Reaction score
If I remember right, doing this properly is all about timing. These phones have 2 data streams available, the toggling of the phone while the hotspot is active just pins the paid(. dun) stream to the phones normal 3g stream which "hides" it from detection. Qpst was a more reliable alternative on the fascinate. Does it work on the x2?

Good call. Tried it a few more times, different timing on the radio toggle, and finally worked.

ELH

Reaction score
Turn hotspot on and let it connect. Then toggle radio off. Immediately turn back on and then should be able to connect device and use.

Let me get this straight, if I turn on mobile hotspot and connect my laptop then VZ is going to charge me, but if I go into phone info and toggle the radio before I connect my laptop then VZ is blind?

I just did the former, going only to Google's homepage before shutting it down, I did not receive any billing warning so I will wait 24 hours and see what shows up on my usage. Then I will try the later and compare the results.

VZ's data plans are pretty fuzzy as to which includes mobile hotspot and which doesn't. I have the unlimited $29.99 plan but I will be surprised if it includes the hotspot traffic.

jwats1973

Reaction score
THIS WORKS!!! After months of trying to get my nook color up and running this trick seems to have done it! Now hopefully big red wont catch on.

Anyways thanks a million!!!

DROID11

Reaction score
Does it work on other phones like the thunderbolt? I accessed the same menu you have mentioned and followed the steps but I don't want charged $30 more a month.

Sent from the best phone available aka the HTC Thunderbolt