Wanna use DX2 hotspot?

VZWDX

Reaction score
This still works on the DX2. I found this and have used it successfully everytime with my DX. Insurance replacement sent me the new DX2. It took a couple of tries but it still works!
Turn on hotspot.
Dialpad. *#*#INFO#*#*
Open phone info. Toggle radio off then on.
Bam! Hotspot active.
No need for root or 3rd party apps. Uses real 3G connection not a slower dialup type connection.
Enjoy. Loving my new DX2!

Around Spring, TX? Need the best plumber?
BBB Accredited | Spring Plumbing | Woodlands Plumbing | Tomball Plumber | Water Heater Experts | Woodlands Plumber

OP
VZWDX

VZWDX

Reaction score
Turn hotspot on and let it connect. Then toggle radio off. Immediately turn back on and then should be able to connect device and use.

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

Leeuw

Reaction score
Will Verizon end up charging you by doing it this way? I wonder if they can tell if you do this...Just curious.

OP
VZWDX

VZWDX

Reaction score
This has proved to be a difficult method on the X2. Takes several tries. Not completely sure the exact science quite yet. As for extra charges, any method giving you this ability shouldn't be abused to the point of suspicion. But no problems here for a year on the DX.

Sent from my Droid X2.
www.ClicksPlumbing.com

OP
VZWDX

VZWDX

Reaction score
Radio on/off

After *#*#INFO#*#*, click phone information and scroll down.

densetsu86

Reaction score
Im confused with this method. I turn on hotspot and my laptop can connect to it and I can use the internet. But I think im going to get charge from Verizon from doing that. But how does this method work so you don't get charge. Im not trying to steal and I will be getting comcast internet soon I just moved and trying to get everything squared away. I just don't want to get screwed with a $600 bill for visiting a website or two.

I remember reading an article.where a mother got a $25,000 bill cause her son used its hotspot feature.

Im not going to spend a n extra $60 for a 5gb plan when im going to get comcast for $40-$60 and have 250gb (i think that's a myth cause I swear.I went over that a few times and never received a threat from comcast about bandwidth I thought it was unlimited.

So how does.this.work exactly cause.just by turning on hotspot my laptop finds it and I have internet without that extra data plan Verizon charges for this.

Neonknight

Reaction score
I am still not sure about how to turn radio off and on. Where is "phone info"? I have an "about phone" in settings, but no radio to turn off and on. Airplane mode turns off all wireless, is that what you mean?

hendricksfan01

Reaction score
I am still not sure about how to turn radio off and on. Where is "phone info"? I have an "about phone" in settings, but no radio to turn off and on. Airplane mode turns off all wireless, is that what you mean?

This still works on the DX2. I found this and have used it successfully everytime with my DX. Insurance replacement sent me the new DX2. It took a couple of tries but it still works!
Turn on hotspot.
Dialpad. *#*#INFO#*#*
Bam! Hotspot active.
No need for root or 3rd party apps. Uses real 3G connection not a slower dialup type connection.

BBB Accredited | Spring Plumbing | Woodlands Plumbing | Tomball Plumber | Water Heater Experts | Woodlands Plumber

well from what i can see, the op never says you can use the hot spot free. So you probably will get charged. However to get to phone info. On dialer keypad type *#*#4636#*#* it will bring up a separate menu. This is where phone info option is.

Haiasi

Reaction score

Turn on hotspot.
Dialpad. *#*#INFO#*#*
Bam! Hotspot active.

well from what i can see, the op never says you can use the hot spot free. So you probably will get charged. However to get to phone info. On dialer keypad type *#*#4636#*#* it will bring up a separate menu. This is where phone info option is.

This has been confirmed by me to run perfectly without Verizon seeing it so no charges apply. Enjoy!

zakth

Reaction score
From some of the replies I see that people don't follow directions well.

The given directions are very clear, follow them word for word and this should work for you with no problems. As for VZW charging you... they should not but don't be shocked if they do. And if they do charge you tell them you simply used an icon on your screen and that no warning came up stating that you would be charged (because no warning does). Also, if you feel guilty then don't - you already pay VZW for a data package which is way over-priced for what it cost them to provide said data. Get your money's worth!

will.bates94

Reaction score
yes. as to someone had posted earlier, it takes several tries to get this to work. i finally got it after about 6 tries.

enzom3

Reaction score
Just tried this, followed the directions no problem. Connected my iPad to the hot spot no problem, tried to go to a website on the iPad and it took me to a provision page at Verizon to accept the charge. No thank you. So didn't work.