VZW Galaxy S3: Bootloader Question, Unlockable?

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
View attachment 52927
did anyone else see this chat between an xda member and a vzw sales rep? do we have hope???

Based solely upon that chat? None whatsoever. 99% of the time, sales reps know nothing about any of this stuff. And those that claim to know something almost always read it online or were told the information by someone who read it online. The answers given by the sales rep in that chat seem to indicate that she doesn't know what's really being asked.

Trapper31

Reaction score
View attachment 52927
did anyone else see this chat betwe an xda member and a vzw sales rep? do we have hope???

Oh boy, I hate to admit it but this got me a little bit excited this morning. I only say "hate" because of the terrible record Verizon reps have of getting anything correct. I wonder if she may have been thinking of the dev phone from Samsung?

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Really guys? Come on, you know better than to put any faith in a Verizon rep. 9/10 times we know more than they do.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Yep. And, as I mentioned, most of the reps that have any sort of idea about things typically get their information from forums like this one.

DroidBoardr

Reaction score
:icon_eek:

I thought complaining and signing petitions never worked. We'll still have to wait and see what happens, but that is very encouraging.

Yeah, I signed the petition, as did many of my friends even those on other networks. Keeping fingers crossed.

skennelly

Reaction score
:icon_eek:

I thought complaining and signing petitions never worked. We'll still have to wait and see what happens, but that is very encouraging.

This is encouraging! However, weren't razr owners promised this as well? I'm not sure, I never had any interest in another Moto phone, so I never followed it.

*Sent from my Galaxy to yours through tapatalk

voodooman128

Reaction score
Maybe big red realized How much money they would lose by people returning There s3...