Unlocked AT&T Galaxy S3 on T-Mobile

Biker_Billy

Reaction score
Does anybody know what T-Mobile Networks will work on an unlocked AT&T Galaxy S3 (SGH-I747). I currently have a GSM Galaxy Nexus i9250 and it works on the T-Mobile 3G network and transitions to HSDPA @ 21Mbps on a data connection. Very sweeeeeeet especially with JB!

A long story shortened .... a friend (who is an isheep) saw my Nexus and went to AT&T and bought a Galaxy S3 off contract to try it out. After 2 weeks he needed his ifix and asked me if I wanted the Galaxy S3 at half the price he paid! I'm beginning to like sheep!

Since I had great luck with the GSM GNex on the T-Mobile $30.00 prepaid plan I decided to go for it. When I searched the net for radio compatibility issues I found everything from the Loch Ness monster to Bigfoot .... but nothing on the compatibility issue. Only difference I can see is the i747 doesn't carry 3G @ 1700 MHz .... also I don't expect 4G or LTE which I know T-Mobile doesn't have.

The raw specs for the radios look very similar but you know how that goes. So does anybody have any real knowledge of this issue? For instance if HSDPA is only available @ 1700 MHz on T-Mobile then I'd probably have to reconsider whether this is a good deal or not. T-Mobile support didn't help whatsoever.

niggiebro

Reaction score
I'm a T-Mobile customer using galaxy s 2, are asking or server settings?