Worth swapping s3 to nexus 4?

jamjr74

Reaction score
I have had an s3 on Verizon since its release date but am tempted to grab a nexus 4 on T-Mobile. I like Verizon's coverage but am getting turned off by there new policies and lack of pushing updates out. My contract is up next month and kinda wanna go the Gsm route so I can buy devices unlocked from Google. My question is this, is it worth leaving Verizon for T-Mobile and grab a nexus 4 or should I wait a month and grab an s4 on T-Mobile? Maybe even wait for the nexus 5??? Thoughts?

Sent from my Galaxy S3

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
Nexus 4 isn't lte device. I would rather wait for s4 on tmo, or better yet wait for next nexus device on Verizon.

Crankintopwater69

Silver Member
Reaction score
I have had an s3 on Verizon since its release date but am tempted to grab a nexus 4 on T-Mobile. I like Verizon's coverage but am getting turned off by there new policies and lack of pushing updates out. My contract is up next month and kinda wanna go the Gsm route so I can buy devices unlocked from Google. My question is this, is it worth leaving Verizon for T-Mobile and grab a nexus 4 or should I wait a month and grab an s4 on T-Mobile? Maybe even wait for the nexus 5??? Thoughts?

Sent from my Galaxy S3
My question too you is,how's Tmos service in your area?If you can't answer that,then you have some homework to do.

OP
jamjr74

jamjr74

Reaction score
My question too you is,how's Tmos service in your area?If you can't answer that,then you have some homework to do.

Not sure how the service is. If I make the jump I would wait to port number over in case it is not good. If I'm within the 14 days I would just return and cancel if unhappy with service. I know it will not be as good as Verizon's I'm sure.

Sent from my Galaxy S3

Crankintopwater69

Silver Member
Reaction score
Not sure how the service is. If I make the jump I would wait to port number over in case it is not good. If I'm within the 14 days I would just return and cancel if unhappy with service. I know it will not be as good as Verizon's I'm sure.

Sent from my Galaxy S3
I suggest you do what I did.Get you a Tmo phone and drive around town and find out how good the signal is in your neck of the woods.If the signal is good,then be like MJ and make that change.Holla!!!!!!!!!!

Sgt Fury

Reaction score
I would make the jump just on principle. Im just 3 months into my verizon contract but when the time comes, im gonna stick it in the pink

Crankintopwater69

Silver Member
Reaction score
I would make the jump just on principle. Im just 3 months into my verizon contract but when the time comes, im gonna stick it in the pink
WOW!!!!,Im feeling your pain.I was that 4gigs,450 talk,1,000 text=95.00 a mth.Great service,great coverage but that 95.00 a mth was hurting.I paid that ETF,got my N4 from Google,popped in that sim,been chillin with GREAT coverage,I didnt say good,I said GREAT coverage ever since:biggrin:DancingNexus.

alboboy10

Reaction score
I'm going to T-Mobile too. Verizon has gotten expensive and they're getting worse and worse every day. I'm waiting for a new nexus to come out...hoping it's a Motorola or even an HTC with a big battery.

OP
jamjr74

jamjr74

Reaction score
I'm going to T-Mobile too. Verizon has gotten expensive and they're getting worse and worse every day. I'm waiting for a new nexus to come out...hoping it's a Motorola or even an HTC with a big battery.

Think I'm gonna wait for next nexus too. S3 to nexus 4 isn't worth the move. Devices are so close in specs. See what next nexus brings.

Sent from my Galaxy S3

Crankintopwater69

Silver Member
Reaction score
I forgot too mention,Tmo gave me 180 for my S3.I applied it to my bill,at 30 dollars a month, that's like 5mths w/o a bill.:)

Sent from my S3 rocking 4.1.2

OP
jamjr74

jamjr74

Reaction score
I forgot too mention,Tmo gave me 180 for my S3.I applied it to my bill,at 30 dollars a month, that's like 5mths w/o a bill.:)

How ya liking the nexus 4 compared to the s3? How does battery life stack up?

Sent from my Galaxy S3

Crankintopwater69

Silver Member
Reaction score
How ya liking the nexus 4 compared to the s3? How does battery life stack up?

Sent from my Galaxy S3
I like the N4 better simply because of stock.Ive only had her for a couple of days now,but so far the battery has been good.