VZW customer / tech support

jared845

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 4
I have too say the tech / customer support has gone down hill....seems like thy know nothing about these smart phone devices at al.....the only solution for then in attempt to resolve ur issue is to pull the battery and do a hard reset......if that doesn't work then they will send you out a new phone ....just wish I could talk too some one with more knowledge about the phones....also seems like know one knows about any outstAnding issues my phone may have like the reboot issues on the thunder bolt ....the reps say I have never heard of ....bs all these forums mention it......anyways thanks alll for listening

Sent from my ADR6400L using HowardForums

brockeverly

Reaction score
Verizon is using sublet'd call centers nowadays, and most of the employees there do not know about the phones. Do yourself a favor and go to a retail store, you may get the same type of person, but at least you have a chance at getting someone that has been trained correctly and has had the opportunity to learn.

OP
jared845

jared845

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 4
Verizon is using sublet'd call centers nowadays, and most of the employees there do not know about the phones. Do yourself a favor and go to a retail store, you may get the same type of person, but at least you have a chance at getting someone that has been trained correctly and has had the opportunity to learn.

Your probably right !! so much easier tho to call their cust support ya know ! Hate going into the stores ! ! ! Did u down load the new update?? I am hesitant to do so ! Since I am not having rebooting issues.....dont know if this update will screw up my phone

brockeverly

Reaction score

Your probably right !! so much easier tho to call their cust support ya know ! Hate going into the stores ! ! ! Did u down load the new update?? I am hesitant to do so ! Since I am not having rebooting issues.....dont know if this update will screw up my phone

Ya I hear ya, you could always ask if they are corporate Verizon employees as well and request to be transferred if not I suppose. I have downloaded it, no problems thus far. I had no rebooting issues until the last two days and all of the sudden it would reboot 15x a day. Just installed the update last night, but no reboots thus far. If you plan on rooting I would not install the update until there is a known way to gain su access, otherwise I would just go for it. I have not seen any complaints about it, only positives.

OP
jared845

jared845

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 4

Ya I hear ya, you could always ask if they are corporate Verizon employees as well and request to be transferred if not I suppose. I have downloaded it, no problems thus far. I had no rebooting issues until the last two days and all of the sudden it would reboot 15x a day. Just installed the update last night, but no reboots thus far. If you plan on rooting I would not install the update until there is a known way to gain su access, otherwise I would just go for it. I have not seen any complaints about it, only positives.
I am not gonna root my phone just an hesitant ya know about down loading this cuz again i just dont wanna have any phone issues...im on my 2nd thunderbolt in a months time and 5th phone since february (3 droid x's) i just am sick of phone issues and dont want any more....so im like an abused phone owner who is in fear of repeated issues...im thinking i just might wait for the GB.....But ill think about it ! I guess Ill just see what people think and go from their

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I used to work for VZW. When I call I ask what call center they are in - by their answer I know if they're corporate or outsourced (the outsourced are still within the U.S.). The call center rep does "tier 1" tech support. If they told you they aren't aware of any issue with the TB rebooting, they're not using their resources. Tell them that and use the buzz word "check your resources". If they still seem like they can't help, request to be transferred to "Tier 2" tech support. Those are generally Corporate employees who are trained extensively in the data phones.

A couple of things - we have a TB, they might have a VZW iPhone. Their knowledge on a phone is going to be most on the phone they own. But, that doesn't ever excuse the fact they didn't look up their references before giving you an answer.

OP
jared845

jared845

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 4
I used to work for VZW. When I call I ask what call center they are in - by their answer I know if they're corporate or outsourced (the outsourced are still within the U.S.). The call center rep does "tier 1" tech support. If they told you they aren't aware of any issue with the TB rebooting, they're not using their resources. Tell them that and use the buzz word "check your resources". If they still seem like they can't help, request to be transferred to "Tier 2" tech support. Those are generally Corporate employees who are trained extensively in the data phones.

A couple of things - we have a TB, they might have a VZW iPhone. Their knowledge on a phone is going to be most on the phone they own. But, that doesn't ever excuse the fact they didn't look up their references before giving you an answer.

Good info and thats Ill def use that next time around ! Any thoughts if I should update my TB with this new software that was just released ....from what i am hearing this is the mR2 update.....again if u read previous posts....i dont have any rebooting issues just dont wanna screw up this phone that has no current issues.