VZN version of Galaxy Note FINALLY ARRIVES

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
guess everyone gets a different experience... all my customer service calls have been top notch... I never ever go to the store unless I truly have too

went twice...1 for a bricked d1 and they swapped it out in 5 seconds and I was out of there... 2...for a new sim which was quick too

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Last edited:

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I must admit spydergirl i had issues with att csr which brought me to vzw. Now i will admit it depends on the store and reps. One vzw store the csrs are awesome but the one 5 minutes from my house the reps are horrible. The way i handle it is by not buying from that store and/or rep.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
I must admit spydergirl i had issues with att csr which brought me to vzw. Now i will admit it depends on the store and reps. One vzw store the csrs are awesome but the one 5 minutes from my house the reps are horrible. The way i handle it is by not buying from that store and/or rep.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

I have a bunch of Verizon stores by me... but why would u go there to buy anything?

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
It is not that its just the csr are the last to know. We get wind of things before they do. They basically are trying to sell what is out now. Plus csrs are just like the people at your jobs. They have your helpful reps and those that make you want to go to another carrier. Even when i talk to a rep on the phone if I get one who has an attitude and do not want to help I just say thank you and end the call then and call back. Most of the time the other person I get will be very helpful. Plus csrs are people too so they could have bad days just like the rest of us. People in the service industry are expected to bottle their bad days because it could directly impact sales where those behind the scenes may anger their co-workers but not necessarily impact sales.

You also have to look at another aspect in that vzw has to give manufacturers a fair chance to sell their product. The reps I talked to know the LG intuition sucks but they are required to push it with the same effort as they do the other devices (minus the droid devices). If csrs were to tell customers "don't buy that the note 2 will be much better and will be out next month" then LG will be able to say that vzw did not give their device a fair chance which could lead to issues between the carrier and manufacturer. LG is a strong partner in the low to mid end department and is part of vzw's portfolio to keep people on contract.
It is strange that LG would release such a subpar device when they are at the very same time trying to tout the quality of their soon to come Optimus G. The whole company is strange though considering that they have had great designs in the past like the original V, the Chocolate, and the Prada, all surrounded by a number of garbage rollouts as well.

As for alleged lack of knowledge about the pending Note 2, I completely understand that reps need to promote and sell CURRENT phone models. However, I find it interesting that more salespeople don't do their own research into the product to be more ahead of the game when dealing with customers.

Sent from my DROID Pro using Tapatalk 2
Realistically though, how many people have the level of knowledge that we do? When you check tech blogs it's mostly the same users viewing and commenting on the info all the time. When you go to Best Buy, even with all the incentive-based training that the sales assocites get, how often can they really tell you what's on the horizon? The only time it is generally otherwise is when you happen to have a techy who has chosen to work at whatever given company.

Reps make their money selling what they have in front of them. Study after study shows that if you don't make the initial sale the odds of a customer returning to make a purchase in the future aren't all that grand no matter how much they promise that they'll be back. When I sold electronics I knew what we had and what was coming because we also got incentive-based training and I was interested in the gear anyway. It certainly did help to know what was on the horizon, but the only reason some of the other reps knew what was about to release was because corporate made sure that everyone was kept aware. VZ is based on selling you on a phone and a contract every two years and not catering to tech heads. While we might enjoy some banter with a rep who knows what's up, that doesn't put dollars in their pockets so it's not a big concern.

On an off-hand note, what I still can't figure out why VZ gives a crap about developing root checkers and all this other diagnotic crap, along with pushing Moto to take such a hard stance on bootloaders. Those who root and rom are such a small part of general phone users that it makes almost no sense to waste time messing with us :p

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
On an off-hand note, what I still can't figure out why VZ gives a crap about developing root checkers and all this other diagnotic crap, along with pushing Moto to take such a hard stance on bootloaders. Those who root and rom are such a small part of general phone users that it makes almost no sense to waste time messing with us :p

wish I knew... I even have apps like time Warner telling me I'm rooted... as if being rooted means I can shut down fox

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
I saw.. not cool

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
Just hope it makes for some good development before the Note 2 hits stores here. That would be most grand.

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
Verizon to debut TWO "phablets" this quarter ???!!!

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...ble-x-aka-dlx-aka-deluxe-aka-j-butterfly.html

HTC DLX leaks, to rival the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 (Verizon Wireless) | Pop Herald Technology News

Who else is holding their breath, anxiously waiting for TOMORROW'S announcements ???!!! :)

Considering that much of the S-Pen functionality might be lost on the Note II once custom Roms are flashed this is looking pretty appealing as competition to it. Looks like Samsung, HTC, and Sony will not be disappointing, though Sony might not make it to VZ's line up. Can't have it all I guess.