VZN version of Galaxy Note FINALLY ARRIVES

Discussion in 'Droid Forums Member News Depot' started by spydergirl, Sep 6, 2012.

1. spydergirl

spydergirl Member

Ok, the LG Intuition debuts today online and in stores on the 10th. Aside from the boxy shape and nowhere to store the pen (which is DUMB), it looks and sounds really great.

But now I'm wondering about THIS ONE and wonder if I should hold out.

http://www.droid-life.com/2012/07/1...isplay-model-6435lvw-and-a-new-snapdragon-s4/

Any thoughts ????

Sent from my DROID Pro using Tapatalk 2
  2. spydergirl

spydergirl Member

3. spydergirl

spydergirl Member

Read an interesting comment in a thread on the forum below :

http://www.reddit.com/r/Android/comments/zg4dm/htcs_5inch_phablet_makes_an_appearance_in/

From "dreadnaughtfearnot" -

VZW will still be releasing the LG, along with the Note II. expect to see all 3 phablets in the lineup. Which IMO is not a great idea for inventory purposes, but it is happening.

I am employed by one of the companies involved in a position high enough up the proper chain to be "in the know". VZW announced the LG Intuition a couple of days ago, and it actually went on sale today: http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/store/controller? item=phoneFirst&action=viewPhoneDetail&selectedPhoneId=5951 I have used both the Intuition and Note II on Verizon's network, but admittedly have no hands on experience with the HTC. Expect the Note II in the 4th Quarter. A VZW version of it has been planned since the original Note launch, when Verizon opted to pass and instead pick up a second edition if the original sold well. On an Intuition VS Note II basis, while the Note II will almost certainly launch at a higher price point (at least it is planned to) the Intuition feels like a poor copy. While it runs ICS very well and the UI feels fluid, it lacks any "phablet" specific wow features. In short, it is a large phone with a stylus, and has a much smaller battery. The Note II will run 4.1 and has a bevy of useful features specifically for the stylus and multitasking. It also feels much better in the hand. I completely understand if you don't feel my information is credible, and no hard feelings. No I am not willing to state my exact company and position. Just trying to offer up a little bit of information.

4. skennelly

skennelly Active Member

I got excited when I read the title of the thread. I opened the thread expecting to see a picture of the note and maybe an eta on when vzw will sell it. Then became very disappointed when I read that you were talking about the LG. Booo!

Sent from my SCH-I535
  5. sweeeeet

sweeeeet Well-Known Member

note 2 is my only phablet interest... guess Verizon isn't getting it

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk
  6. spydergirl

spydergirl Member

READ THE COMMENT ABOVE from someone who supposedly is "in the know." He says Verizon *IS* getting the Note 2 !!!! Let's hope he's right, because that's the one I want !!!!

7. pc747

pc747 DF Administrator Staff Member Rescue Squad

You too.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
  8. spydergirl

spydergirl Member

Read an interesting comment in a thread on the forum below :

http://www.reddit.com/r/Android/comments/zg4dm/htcs_5inch_phablet_makes_an_appearance_in/

From "dreadnaughtfearnot" -

VZW will still be releasing the LG, along with the Note II. expect to see all 3 phablets in the lineup. Which IMO is not a great idea for inventory purposes, but it is happening.

I am employed by one of the companies involved in a position high enough up the proper chain to be "in the know". VZW announced the LG Intuition a couple of days ago, and it actually went on sale today: http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/store/controller? item=phoneFirst&action=viewPhoneDetail&selectedPhoneId=5951 I have used both the Intuition and Note II on Verizon's network, but admittedly have no hands on experience with the HTC. Expect the Note II in the 4th Quarter. A VZW version of it has been planned since the original Note launch, when Verizon opted to pass and instead pick up a second edition if the original sold well. On an Intuition VS Note II basis, while the Note II will almost certainly launch at a higher price point (at least it is planned to) the Intuition feels like a poor copy. While it runs ICS very well and the UI feels fluid, it lacks any "phablet" specific wow features. In short, it is a large phone with a stylus, and has a much smaller battery. The Note II will run 4.1 and has a bevy of useful features specifically for the stylus and multitasking. It also feels much better in the hand. I completely understand if you don't feel my information is credible, and no hard feelings. No I am not willing to state my exact company and position. Just trying to offer up a little bit of information.

9. sweeeeet

nice! the wow features is what I'm interested in and I'm guessing the 10 million plus note one sales were enough lol :) note 2 is definitely in my top 2 wants

10. spydergirl

spydergirl Member

You and me both !!! :) What's the other "want?"

11. sweeeeet

s3 of course :)

12. pc747

Awesome.

13. bsweetness

bsweetness Moderator

Agreed. I thought the same thing. Absolutely terrible thread title. The Intuition is not the Verizon version of the Note.
  14. spydergirl

spydergirl Member

Sorry. I should have said "competitor" maybe ?? I meant to say that it's the first "PHABLET" by VZN, but since I saw that, I've seen all this other promising news, because I think the Intuition looks and sounds HORRIBLE and I can't understand why VZN would push it out right before allegedly introducing and HTC Phablet and the Note 2.

15. pc747

Sorry for my one track mind but all i heard... saw was blah blah blah, htc Phablet and note 2. I truly hope you are right cuz i really want that note.

16. LocoRon

LocoRon New Member

If the VZW gets the Note 2, I will pay full retail for it, and my (currently) brand new Droid 4 will have to resort to some, as yet undetermined, secondary duty.
  17. spydergirl

spydergirl Member

Yeah I'm with u. Thankfully I've been WAITING to use my upgrade discount on that stupid Note, if it ever GETS HERE !!!!! Grrrrrr...... For now, I'm limping along on my sluggish, glitchy Droid Pro.

18. spydergirl

spydergirl Member

19. spydergirl

spydergirl Member

20. sweeeeet