VZ says an update is coming "soon" to the Tbolt to address the battery issue.

anubis442

Reaction score
I think I saw this topic buried in one of the threads as well. I went to the VZ store yesterday to get my tbolt replaced because of a speaker buzz in the earpiece and I mentioned that the battery life is not that great. They said that an update is coming "soon" to address the battery life problem. Not sure what they are doing, but they must have found a software solution to whatever ails our phones. The rep I spoke with seemed to think it would be within a month, but who knows really.

sgtguthrie

Reaction score
It's called Gingerbread...eta sometime in quarter 2.

sent via rooted THUNDERBOLT using Tapatalk

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I talked to a VZW Tech Support rep on the phone last Sunday about my battery issues. He did not give an ETA but said an update would come "in the next couple of months". So, don't expect anything imminent.

sgtguthrie

Reaction score
Heck, I had a VZW rep in "tech support" tell me they saw "no reports of battery issues associated with the thunderbolt"! These reps are clueless...call them 4 times with the same question and you'll get 4 maybe even 5 different answers. I take more stock in what I read over at Android Police than anything from VZW...

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha…….

I've yet to see any ota fix for a battery make any sort of significant change.

For those of you who are having your first smart phone experience, don't get your hopes up too high.

OP
A

anubis442

Reaction score

For those of you who are having your first smart phone experience, don't get your hopes up too high.

Maybe not from an OTA update, but I have seen huge differences in battery life between different roms and kernels when I used my rooted Moto Droid, so I don't think it is out of the realm of possibility.

Jeyman

Reaction score

Maybe not from an OTA update, but I have seen huge differences in battery life between different roms and kernels when I used my rooted Moto Droid, so I don't think it is out of the realm of possibility.

we all no that root + setcpu(or some form) along with a good rom/kernel can make a phone last much longer. Its been proven already on the TB that it helps battery life a ton.

its more for people who dont want to root, we can only hope they get some help in time. Even if it is 2.3 in Q2

vzdroid13

Reaction score
Well, the battery is the only real problem ihad with the phone, and if they fix this I won't even worry about a Bionic.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

Purgatoiry

Reaction score

You obviously didn't have an Evo.

geoff5093

Reaction score
It won't fix the small capacity of the battery, but it will probably incorporate a lot of the fixes that we did ourselves.

Pumaro

Reaction score
I have found that on 4G I can get close to 20 hours battery life out of this phone if you just use it as a phone making phone calls and checking some emails. Once you start up a hotspot to do some hardcore laptop remote desktop work the thunderbolt kicks into overdrive and works harder, and will actually get warm.
Just like a laptop playing a graphic intensive game it uses more power gets hotter and thus drains the battery at a significantly higher rate.

I am sure the bloatware uses additional power, however the real key is to be aware of what your using. 4G has the capability to use more power via the ability to surf the web at mega speeds. Just be aware of that if your loading web page after web page that speed and power go hand in hand.
If you turn on the hotspot it's best to be plugged into a power source for extended periods.

sgtguthrie

Reaction score
I'm running das bamf 1.4 now with the included kernel and my battery seems solid!