Vigor vs Bionic

Discussion in 'HTC Rezound' started by XKXDISTURBEDXKX, Sep 7, 2011.

1. XKXDISTURBEDXKX

XKXDISTURBEDXKX New Member

Let loose people, please follow the forum's rules and guidelines :)

My vote is for the vigor, the processor, sense 3.5, future - proofness, and over all look to the vigor wins it for me. What about you? Bionic or vigor and why? Play nice :)

sent from a Th3orized 'Bolt using the Droid Forums app
    ...waiting for the \/IGOR...
  2. Mustang02

Mustang02 Well-Known Member

Bionic for me. I hate sense.
    1 person likes this.
  3. XKXDISTURBEDXKX

Would you be interested in AOSP for the vigor then? It will be available soon after launch of course since HTC will be handing out that unlocked bootloader tool;)

sent from a Th3orized 'Bolt using the Droid Forums app
    ...waiting for the \/IGOR...
  4. Wonmotyme

Wonmotyme New Member

Ah, I like them all, so much! I have been waiting for the bionic since It's first appearance. Now that it is released and so close to some rumored killer machines, I have to pass for now. The Vigor had peaked my interest ( still a little sour taste in my mouth because I was the one to fix the whole HTC/Verizon fiasco on my phone ) but I am now locked on to the prime. So, if it is what it is suppose to be I will be going with that if not, I will be taking a 2nd look at the other 2. Either way hope everyone enjoys their devices!

Das one hella Bamf ta knock the 3 sense in ya!
  5. tgyberg

tgyberg Well-Known Member

I'm a sucker for a bigger display and a higher resolution. If the Vigor in fact has that, I'm sold!
  6. tgyberg

^ SaWeet! Cant wait to know more!! :icon_ banana:
  7. XKXDISTURBEDXKX

It has a 4.3 for sure:)

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums
  8. NittanyLion4life

NittanyLion4life New Member

Vigor for me. The Bionic is a great phone, but the Vigor looks too good to be true.
  9. ConqSoft

ConqSoft New Member

Yep.
  10. Trusstopher

Trusstopher Super Moderator

I'm not sure what I'm missing, but the Vigor just doesn't "wow" me. I'm not trying to instigate anything, I'd honestly like to know what it is about it that has you all sold on it.

My guess is the reason I "don't get it" is because:

0)My only experience with HTC has been the 8125 and the Tilt, both Windows Mobile devices, and at a point in my life I didn't realize the potential of smart-phones.
    1)I'm still on my D1 and have never used any version of Sense or Blur or any manufacture UI, so I don't know the positives and negatives that come with each from first hand experience.
    2)I've never really followed the update timeline of any phone other than my own, so I don't have a true sense of how good/bad each manufacture is about pushing out updates as compared to the D1.
    3)In regards to "Bionic vs. Vigor", I'm not sure if 0.5 Ghz would be that noticeable, especially coming from the D1. At what point do you think it will turn into the "TV refresh rate" or "DSLR Megapixel" situation of deciding how much over-kill does the "average consumer" need?
    4) I know very little about the Adreno 220 GPU so I'm not sure what that is going to bring to the table.

Assuming the screen specs are true, the the Vigor takes the nod on resolution, of course, and I respect that about it. Anyone on here who has seen me post about HTC phones knows that I could care less about "beats" as long as it doesn't result in an extra $50-$100 markup on the phone.
  11. tc1

tc1 New Member

Yeah but is the prime still coming to Verizon?

Last I heard it wasn't.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums
  12. metalspring

metalspring New Member

And I've heard it will although it might have a different name and possibly bloatware (hopefully not)

supercharged modified simply stunning 5.5 w/turbocharged 3g
    Chevyno1 ulv 1.25GHz w/ kickasskernel tweaks
    honeycomb 3D theme
    19.8 linpack score
  13. Garemlin

Garemlin Developer Relations

Had the Bionic and took it back after three days of not being able to get it activated. I am a fan of HTC phones but hate the battery life. But I also like the fact that you can bluetooth tether with Moto phones. Even with that I think I am gonna give the Vigor a whirl.
  14. squeak

squeak Member

The only thing i like about the bionic that i dont think the vigor will have is the webtop, being able to use your phone(and more imporantly your data plan, assuming you have unlimited) as a real web browser is pretty awesome. but the HD screen of the vigor and faster processor make it seem hard to beat. its supposed to be out just under a month, so we should find out soon. but then the prime will be closer and we'll have a vigor vs. prime thread...
  15. tgyberg

Sure do wish they still offered one year contracts..
  16. rubiksc00p

rubiksc00p Well-Known Member

Somewhere on this amazing ball of creation!
    This is a tough one! I'm leaning the Vigor at the moment even though I'm probably going to upgrading to the bionic in the next couple days... I'm liking what I'm seeing on the Vigor better, even if I don't like sense! =P Maybe it's just the suspense of not knowing what its going to be makes me think it's better! =P I've always been a Moto person though! Then of course there's always the Prime and even though I don't like Samsung all that much, ICS is pretty tempting! ;-)
  17. metalspring

metalspring New Member

Or unlimited data for new customers or anyone that didn't have it before...I'm lucky I'm grandfathered in

supercharged modified simply stunning 5.5 w/turbocharged 3g
    Chevyno1 ulv 1.25GHz w/ kickasskernel tweaks
    honeycomb 3D theme
    19.8 linpack score
  18. patriot95

patriot95 New Member

I think the Vigor vs. Prime is a better debate. This debate is simply accessories vs. better specs. Arguing UI's is very opinion based. I want to know if it will be weird to have a Vigor with ICS eventually. Physical and soft buttons? How does that work/look? If I was choosing Vigor or Bionic... I chose Vigor (of course if it has thunderdolt battery life then that changes)... if I am picking between Vigor and Prime... IDK!!
  19. Trusstopher

Trusstopher Super Moderator

I imagine that ICS will have the ability to "turn off" the soft buttons as it will likely be implemented on many different phones that have the capacitive buttons, but that is just a guess.

The most current rumors is that the Vigor is actually going to be the "Incredible HD", so I don't know if that would change your opinion on expected battery life (I don't recall what the reputation of the Dinc battery performance was/is compared to the Tbolt)
  20. patriot95

patriot95 New Member

I had the Dinc for a long time and was always impressed with it. If I recall it didn't come with the biggest battery at the time, but it got me easily through a full day. I'm not one of those people who is against charging my phone every night... it just needs to make it to work and back. I hope that it is renamed the Incredible HD. I think the Incredible line up has been one of the best. Stepping into the "super phone" arena with and Incredible HD would be an obvious next step.