Reasons to choose the Rezound over the Galaxy Nexus .(beware, this is my opinion)

combatmedic870

Reaction score
HEELLLLLLLOOOOOOO!

WARNING BORED PERSON TYPING

So, Im getting excited!!!!dancedroid

The Vigor or what ever it will be called is just......days?? 2-3 weeks maybe???.....Away?

Who knows, as long as its coming!!!!!!!!!!

Any who, so i have been thinking of reason why to get the Prime over the Vigor according to specs and my inner thoughts to myself. I thought i would like to share the reason why i decided to get the Vigor over the prime actually.
People are all super gung-ho about the Prime and all, COMPLETELY forgetting about the Vigor. I have yet to see....the logic....

Personally I wouldnt want the first phone with ICS, You know that its not going to be perfect! Heck theres still bugs with GB!!!!!!!!
I would rather be on sense 3.5 (like i currently am) for the next 6 month flash aosp roms when i get bored, vs having ICS being all buggy for the next 6 months and possible getting an update that doesnt allow you a root any longer.

So thats reason 1.

People are talking about battery life....Right now I NEVER have to worry about my battery going dead with my Dinc 2. Maybe HTC has learned from the thunderbolt event. Who knowss i guess.. But I love my Dinc 2 more then any other phone i have had. So i think im kind of partial to HTC. the build is good, its a great phone. Samsung phones arent know for their. But the SG2 it the best phone out right now......who knows. I like my reasoning.... you may stop reading now if you like :)

thats reason 2

So right now. The vigor is going to have some good dev support. Its going to be rooted out of the box most likely(like the bionic was). Even if it is deemed unrootable you can use xclip to unlock it. So its win win! No matter what it will be unlocked, debloated, have custom kernels hopefully optimized for the dual core. So if it does have battery problems...that will probably take care of it with a little bit of undervolting. So things are looking good!!!

thats reason 3

Ok im running out of reasons.... welp its going to have an S3 processor with all of its glory. That will allow me to talk on the phone and surf the interwebs(atleast thats what i have read about the qualcoms) at the same time. thats a plus!!

strictly specs wise the vigor will atleast match the prime on paper. depending if verizon decides to give us the 1.5ghz version of the phone. But i dont think thats going to happen since the 1.5's wont be shipping till q1 of 2012.

Perosnally i would rather have an extremely optimized, energy efficient 1ghz dual core vs anything, but oh well.

the screens are going to be a matter of personal opinion.

If the HTC does have a sony screen, I am currently HOPING that its going to have a white magic screen. If it does....Then the screen power consumption will be very low(like the Qhd pentile......BUT NOT).
Sony announces 'WhiteMagic' - new LCD screen that uses half the power
we can all hope right?

Anywho....them are my thoughts....I just wanted to write about the Vigor since there is 0 chatter about it and its driving me NUTS!!!!!!!!!!!

Droid-Xer

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Good stuff. But not completely accurate.

1. ICS is essentially 9 months old. Its basically HC for phones. If you've used a HC device then you know its pretty damn sweet.
2. Build quality is so-so for Samsung and HTC (too much plastic IMO). Motorola is known as the best and the other companies are all a distant 2nd.
3. The Nexus being a Google Experience device will be unlocked out of the box. No other phones are unlocked like a nexus is. HTCs ar not fully unlocked like a GED.
4. Spec wise, Samsung always has the most brilliant screens period.

Good points though. I've never owned a Samsung so that's my unbiased analysis. I'm a Moto fanboy.

OP
combatmedic870

combatmedic870

Reaction score
Good stuff. But not completely accurate.

1. ICS is essentially 9 months old. Its basically HC for phones. If you've used a HC device then you know its pretty damn sweet.
2. Build quality is so-so for Samsung and HTC (too much plastic IMO). Motorola is known as the best and the other companies are all a distant 2nd.
3. The Nexus being a Google Experience device will be unlocked out of the box. No other phones are unlocked like a nexus is. HTCs ar not fully unlocked like a GED.
4. Spec wise, Samsung always has the most brilliant screens period.

Good points though. I've never owned a Samsung so that's my unbiased analysis. I'm a Moto fanboy.

Someone read my post!!!!!!!!! whaaawhoooo!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you for pointing all of that out. These were mostly my thoughts :)

There are so many different things out about the prime i dont know what to think about it.

anywho....

Whats HC?? Oh.....honeycomb.....HA! ok that was a slow moment...and i feel like typing out my everything thought....cause im that bored....like now :)

I still dont for see ICS being bugless for some time. (ive made my mind up!) :tongue::icon_ nono:

How do you know the prime wont be called the Droid prime vs Nexus prime?:rating04:

whats GED?

What made HTC biased was Moto!!! LOL I dont think i will get a moto again. I was sad to see my droid 2 to go....but not.

Hmmmmm......well..... how about....you just agree with me and everything will be great! J/K!

Nah but thank you for pointing all of that out. I really didnt know that about Nexus devices. So thats actually pretty awesome!

I just want them to come out!!! Hurry up!!!!!!!! :yeahbaby01:

Last edited:

dxgeek35

Reaction score
Some read my post!!!!!!!!! whaaawhoooo!!!!!!!!!!!

Hahahahaha it was long but you have the same opinion as me so well worth the time!

I'm retuning my bionic and getting the vigor/rezound when it comes out!!!!!!!

The vigor was just announced unofficially at a beats/htc showing in Taiwan today! They only talked about the beats Audio technology in it but still showed of the boss phone!!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

OP
combatmedic870

combatmedic870

Reaction score
Hahahahaha it was long but you have the same opinion as me so well worth the time!

I'm retuning my bionic and getting the vigor/rezound when it comes out!!!!!!!

The vigor was just announced unofficially at a beats/htc showing in Taiwan today! They only talked about the beats Audio technology in it but still showed of the boss phone!!

Oops i meant someone LOL!!

you gotta link my friend?

gthotie5

Reaction score
Imo opinion the beats audio is the only thing vigor has on the prime as of right now.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

dxgeek35

Reaction score
The beats are the main reason I was sold in this device...I'm sixteen and music is important to me! And I'm leaning how to develop roms and the bionics locked bootloader is a little difficult to start on haha

OP
combatmedic870

combatmedic870

Reaction score
WOOT!!! That some good news! im going to put this in
[h=1]Droid Forums Member News Depot! WOOT![/h]

OP
combatmedic870

combatmedic870

Reaction score
Imo opinion the beats audio is the only thing vigor has on the prime as of right now.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

Welp its something right!!!!!!!!dancedroid

Plus if it is announced thursday....atleast it will be a REAL PHONE!!!!!!!

patriot95

Reaction score
I just want SOMETHING to come out that I can go play with. I'm going to end up waiting to compare the phones together... but I really want something PHYSICALLY in the store worth buying. These rumors and delays and pending announcements are killing me.

zwegan

Reaction score
I have an upgrade available and am heavily leaning towards the Vigor over the Prime for a few reasons.

1 - I like the built of HTC phones better than any others. I like the smooth design. Moto phones are too jagged for me and I HATE the camera bump on them. Sammy phones feel like plastic toys to me and remind me of my old school blackberry too much.

2 - Sense - I love the sense UI.

and the most important :

3 - Camera - I would never buy a phone with only a 5MP camera at this point.

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
I wanted to comment on the overclock kernals. I was looking through the HTC Sensation section over on XDA and that phone has a few roms and kernals. Most are running at 1.5ghz and are very stable. They have some that are up to 1.7 & 1.8ghz but have notes with them that say *your phone may not be stable with this one. None of the 1.5's have that warning. So I'm sure the Vigor will easily be OC'd!

patriot95

Reaction score
MP's don't mean that much when it comes to picture quality. Though many cheap point and shoots would like you to believe that.