1800Mah vs. 1900Mah

Stealth_tC

Reaction score
So I use my phone alot....Music, games, FB, Twitter, instagram....etc and my oem battery just isnt cutting it. I did see a thread about the 1900Mah battery and have heard people really like it, I know Batteries all work differently based on peoples use....I recently looked on ebay for the 1900Mah battery and was going to buy when I saw this....

2x 1800Mah Battery+Charger+Cable 4 HTC Rezound ADR6425 Droid Incredible HD Vigor | eBay

And thought, 2 1800Mah batteries, plus a charger and cord for $30 some dollars and....

MUGEN POWER 1900mAh EXTENDED SL BATTERY HTC REZOUND 6425 PHONE ACCESSORY | eBay

$40 some dollars for 1 1900 Battery and thats it!

So I ask...

1. Which would you buy and
2. Is there really ALOT of difference between 100Mah???

If not, im thinking the 2 1800Mah batteries is the better deal. And there both from the good ol' USA so thats not a problem either.

Thoughts??

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
Go to verizon and get the 2700mah extended battery for $25, I did.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

adampalooza

Reaction score
I would personally go for the extra 1800 with charger. I bought an extended battery for my gnex but exchanged it for the extra stock battery with charger.

I never have my phone hooked up to the wall. Once my battery reaches 20-25% remaining I just swap batteries and I'm back to having fun with my phone. Way less down time.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

irish4778

Reaction score
I agree with cybertec69 I would buy an 2700mah OEM battery from Verizon

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

Labrat555

Reaction score
I use a holster case and I just like the thinness with the stock battery. So I just got an extra one with a charger and simply take a few seconds to swap batteries and I'm off and running. Works fantastic for me.

bladerunn3r

Reaction score
There doesn't seem to be a consensus on what is "best," which suggests its really a matter of preference.

Personally, I have the official extended battery, and it's awesome. The peace of mind it affords is unrivaled. However, I rarely use it, because the I think it makes the phone look fugly. So I roll with the stock battery on work days when I'll be in the office all day anyway, and rely on the extended battery for weekend outings, road trips, vacations, and the like. That's my system.

I'm tempted to get the 1900 myself, as a compromise between stylish stock or extended tank mode.

OP
Stealth_tC

Stealth_tC

Reaction score
I would consider the 2700Mah, But I, like others, do not like the bulkiness of the extended battery. I know it adds alot of power without swapping, But I like the thinness that you get from the oem slim battery. I'm actually surprised at the different responses, I thought for sure people would be in favor of the extra battery for less, but i'm glad to see there are a good amount of people rocking the extended battery. :clap:

So I think the ones who are suggesting the extra 1800Mah for less are right, it's easier to swap and go rather then have it plugged into the wall and wait.

Thanks everyone, I knew I could count on you for help! :rockon:

Bluesman2008

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung GS5
I got the 2700mAh battery and back from HTCPedia. Plenty of power to spare and i like the added heft.

nmos

Reaction score
Imho a 100mah difference could just be optimism on the part of the seller. If you normally get 10 hours this would amount to an extra 30 minutes and I think you would have a hard time even measuring it in practice.

With my old OG Droid I took the '2 batteries approach' and it worked out well but I'm not sure the cover of the Rezound will survive daily battery swaps for long.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

OP
Stealth_tC

Stealth_tC

Reaction score
Imho a 100mah difference could just be optimism on the part of the seller. If you normally get 10 hours this would amount to an extra 30 minutes and I think you would have a hard time even measuring it in practice.

With my old OG Droid I took the '2 batteries approach' and it worked out well but I'm not sure the cover of the Rezound will survive daily battery swaps for long.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

You know, I didn't think about that! Hmmm off to ebay to buy another batt cover, just in case! Thanks nmos!

DROID11

Reaction score
OP, did you ever end up grabbing those batteries? I've heard horror stories about non-OEM batteries, so I am reluctant to do this, but I'd like an extra battery with a charger like that. I may just do that off Amazon.

HowardZ

Reaction score
Well,

I think it is common for battery manufacturers to lie.

What might be advertsed as more juice than a standard battery might actually be less.

Also, many non OEM batteries do not have a temperature sensor.

So, I'd stick with OEM batteries, or batteries from a major trusted brand regardless of what the battery seller claims.

Did you know that for $10 (free shipping) you can buy a genuine HTC standard battery from amazon.com ?

Amazon.com also has a strange brand battery kit: 2 standard batteries, stand alone battery wall charger, and zipper case, all for $20.
The reviews are good, but it has no temperature sensor.

Howard

DROID11

Reaction score
Well,

I think it is common for battery manufacturers to lie.

What might be advertsed as more juice than a standard battery might actually be less.

Also, many non OEM batteries do not have a temperature sensor.

So, I'd stick with OEM batteries, or batteries from a major trusted brand regardless of what the battery seller claims.

Did you know that for $10 you can buy a genuine HTC standard battery from amazon.com ?

Howard

Yeah as soon as I posted that I spent $11 on an OEM battery and a charger. I want a screen protector. Considering going with invishield, but those are crazy expensive and i want the glass feel.